Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Possible to add Homelink option afterward?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Exactly what I ended up doing. Mobile tech said it must be done by service center. Service center said mobile tech must do it since hardware was already preinstalled. Ultimately added by the service center, so I suspect hardware was not present, but who knows for sure.

I ordered this a few weeks ago and haven't heard a peep from anyone. I've not really interacted with the service center yet, so just curious - will they actually call me to schedule this or do I have to do the legwork here?

I went ahead and scheduled a SC visit in a week (that'd be almost 4 weeks since order) - I figure the worst thing they'll say is either "we've been waiting!" or "Part's not here yet!" or whatever. Just curious anyone else's experiences here with adding after the fact.

Just got SR+ and would like to have that function. Summon wound be nice too

i purchased the add on a few days after placing my order. long story short, buy it, book an appointment for mobile technician. they will figure it out to get the module.

in my situation the module was already installed in my car and the technician essentially came to my home and manually updated my firmware/software to push the homelink add on.