Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Possibly selling MYLR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I currently drive 22 MYLR with matrix and USS. It is white/white with induction 5k miles. I'm toying with the idea of maybe selling it private and buying a MYP.

So my question is what will be the best way sell this privately? My car with same options cost around 55k, if I can sell my car for 52k I'll be extremely happy. Is 52k reasonable price at current market? Or should I go lower.

I'm in Northen NJ in case anyone's interested.

Thanks!

Hi all,

I currently drive 22 MYLR with matrix and USS. It is white/white with induction 5k miles. I'm toying with the idea of maybe selling it private and buying a MYP.

So my question is what will be the best way sell this privately? My car with same options cost around 55k, if I can sell my car for 52k I'll be extremely happy. Is 52k reasonable price at current market? Or should I go lower.

Thanks!
FYI I used escrow.com to handle the financial arrangements for car being sold out of state and without buyer seeing it. Not expensive and worked very smoothly, split cost 50/50 between buyer and seller. I delivered the car to a Manheim car auction location and they inspected on behalf of the buyer and handed off to the transporter. Buyer accepted the car and released the funds being held in escrow on the basis of the Manheim inspection report so I got my money quick. Buyer arranged all that, so I can't tell you how to set that up but it is possible.

• Helpful
Reactions: Nimilol and Hiline
Hi all,

Thanks!
With the recent (massive) price drops, the return of the $7500 tax credit and the fact your car is 1 year old I think that price is not realistic. You can always use sites like Carvana to see what they are willing to pay, then add a few thousand to it to get what might be a good market price. Or you can hold on to the car in hopes Tesla raises prices soon, at which time the used car price should rise.

But it all depends on how badly you want to sell it and if you think the economy will go into recession or if the debt ceiling issue isn't addressed. If either happen, I would think the market will shrink and it will be even harder to sell without significant loss.

Personally, I would keep it - the MYP is not that much better, having a stiffer ride, no longer having USS, will cost more to insure and you will have to pay sales tax on a new vehicle.

Good luck with your decision...

Reactions: Nimilol
With the recent (massive) price drops, the return of the $7500 tax credit and the fact your car is 1 year old I think that price is not realistic. You can always use sites like Carvana to see what they are willing to pay, then add a few thousand to it to get what might be a good market price. Or you can hold on to the car in hopes Tesla raises prices soon, at which time the used car price should rise.

But it all depends on how badly you want to sell it and if you think the economy will go into recession or if the debt ceiling issue isn't addressed. If either happen, I would think the market will shrink and it will be even harder to sell without significant loss.

Personally, I would keep it - the MYP is not that much better, having a stiffer ride, no longer having USS, will cost more to insure and you will have to pay sales tax on a new vehicle.

Good luck with your decision...

Well my car is 8 month old if that means anything haha. I do like the car buy there are some interior trim issues tesla can't fix. And I do want a lower stance and bigger wheel on MYP.

I figured if I can sell my LR for above 50k I can keep the same monthly I'm paying now and I will receive tax credit, which is a win for me. Also, I live in NJ, so there is no sales tax on EV 😀.

Anyways I guess I'll keep researching local price and make the decision. I may end up installing MYP suspension.

Reactions: FMinMI
Put yourself in a buyers shoes, as a buyer would you pay 50k for a used 2022 Model when you can buy a brand new 2023 Model for close to the same price. The long wait times are over, yesterday there were close to 190 Model Y's available for immediate delivery. If you order now, most likely delivery will be this month or June since they like to get a lot of deliveries in at the end of the quarter.

I realize you paid a lot more last year, but that's just not the current market. I know all the sites have them for sale in the 50's, but they aren't selling. See above for why.

Hi all,

Thanks!
Why not just get the $2000 acceleration boost?

Put yourself in a buyers shoes, as a buyer would you pay 50k for a used 2022 Model when you can buy a brand new 2023 Model for close to the same price. The long wait times are over, yesterday there were close to 190 Model Y's available for immediate delivery. If you order now, most likely delivery will be this month or June since they like to get a lot of deliveries in at the end of the quarter.

I realize you paid a lot more last year, but that's just not the current market. I know all the sites have them for sale in the 50's, but they aren't selling. See above for why.
Fair enough. And completely understand the situation and market. Just my wishful thinking.

Not sure about this but thought I read a post that said the Performance model and LR Ys sit at the same height. I say get the Performance Model. Glad I changed my order even though the 21s still make me a bit nervous with the pot holes.

Not sure about this but thought I read a post that said the Performance model and LR Ys sit at the same height. I say get the Performance Model. Glad I changed my order even though the 21s still make me a bit nervous with the pot holes.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-07 075656.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-06-07 075656.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 82