Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Potential buyer for 2017 LR with a question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A 2017 has the old seats, there are a number of little things that have changed. Also watch for fit and finish, since, depending on when it was made, some of the vehicles did have bigger issues.
A 2017 car was ordered by someone who already had a Tesla. New owners didn't start getting cars until around Feb 2018. Early 2017 cars were really limited and went to employees. The VINs were about 18000 and lower.

I have a 1/18 model 3 vin 4xxx. Been a great vehicle. Back seats more comfortable in newer ones, since we have an x, no one really sits back there. Fit and finish seems ok to me. My neighbor has a 12/17 car
Vin 15xx. No issues either. Neither one of us employees.

I have a 1/18 model 3 vin 4xxx. Been a great vehicle. Back seats more comfortable in newer ones, since we have an x, no one really sits back there. Fit and finish seems ok to me. My neighbor has a 12/17 car
Vin 15xx. No issues either. Neither one of us employees.
The vin on this is 000110. Im guessing its an early build which I have no problem with having older seats since I won't have passengers. For it's price and mileage with eap/fsd I might be a new owner of a Tesla! Thanks for the info.

The market for used Model 3’s is still a little wonky right now because there is such a wide variation in local rebates available for EV’s from state to state. Some states offer a $5,000 rebate for purchasing an EV. Others offer zero sales tax. Utility companies offer rebates. And of course the $3,750 federal tax credit.

So how good of a deal a particular used Model 3 is depends on which state you are purchasing it in and how good the incentives are in your state on a new one.

In the case of this OP in this post, $35.5K is a pretty good deal but not an amazing deal. The car is a very early serial number which is clearly affecting the seller’s ability to sell it. If it has FSD that makes it a better deal, but it’s up to the buyer to confirm it really has FSD. Many people confuse EAP and FSD so the seller will have to prove they really paid for FSD when they bought the car.