Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Power just went out and we are still working.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He basically has 12 of those canisters you get for your outdoor grill sitting in his shed.
Interesting. I wonder what your local fire department would think of this?

Here is the City of Provo, Utah's fire department rules on this:

• For portable DOT tank storage, you are
allowed up to 25 gallons total capacity.
You could have up to five 5-gallon (20 lb.)
portable appliance cylinders (the size
usually found on barbecue grills-DOT
4BA240); or one 23 gallon (100 lb.)
cylinder (DOT 4bw240), in storage in an
unattached garage or shed. But, if you
want to store propane and
flammable/combustible liquids together,
they should be separated by at least 10
feet
https://www.provo.org/home/showpublisheddocument?id=4839

Interesting. I wonder what your local fire department would think of this?

Here is the City of Provo, Utah's fire department rules on this:

https://www.provo.org/home/showpublisheddocument?id=4839

The only thing I could find was San Jose saying 100 gallons (20 5 gal tanks), but I think this is more of a rule for a business selling the tanks or using the tanks for storage. I don't think there's anything expressly written around how many potential propane bombs you can store in your shed.

https://www.sanjoseca.gov/home/showpublisheddocument?id=2084#:~:text=Quantity of Propane in any Area:&text=The maximum amount you can,away from any other area.

TBH, if his shed catches on fire to explode his tanks, my house is already going to be on fire too. I guess this isn't terribly safe for the fire fighters, but they'll be too pre-occupied trying to find all my blade disconnects to care about some silly propane tanks.

TBH, if his shed catches on fire to explode his tanks, my house is already going to be on fire too. I guess this isn't terribly safe for the fire fighters, but they'll be too pre-occupied trying to find all my blade disconnects to care about some silly propane tanks.
Well if you want to be a "rat fink" (look it up since you are not a boomer :D), I am sure the SJFD would love to come poking around that stash. ;)

Well if you want to be a "rat fink" (look it up since you are not a boomer :D), I am sure the SJFD would love to come poking around that stash. ;)

Nah man, when there is a big earthquake and we lose power for a few weeks, he'll have the propane to cook all the spam we've hoarded, and I'll have the Powerwalls to run some air conditioning. We're a team.

Plus he has the guns to ward off interlopers since he's a boomer.

Nah man, when there is a big earthquake and we lose power for a few weeks, he'll have the propane to cook all the spam we've hoarded, and I'll have the Powerwalls to run some air conditioning. We're a team.

Plus he has the guns to ward off interlopers since he's a boomer.
So you are the reason I can't find Spam at any store or sushi bar!!!