Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PowerTools network issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hoping someone can assist me. I purchased PowerTools for Tesla so as to get some stats for my new car, however having purchased I know can’t get it to get connect to my car/Tesla servers when driving. I’ve turned the WiFi off on my phone as suggested but it still keeps coming up with an Network error.

Any suggestions?

Why would wifi have anything to do it when you aren't near wifi? I've not tried it on the road yet (just purchased it yesterday after reading one of the uncorking threads), but I don't get the issue. It should talk to Tesla directly just like the app does. Am I missing something basic here?

(Welcome to TMC, BTW! :D)

So, lol, I see what you mean... that popup is talking about the transition from wifi to LTE/4G/whatever if you are using it in your garage or where you have wifi.

It shouldn't matter on the road if you have wifi turned on... there seems to be an intermittent issue it has talking to the servers at Tesla, and I need to try this out more, also, but it's nothing to do with your being on wifi if you are nowhere near your wifi at home.

I'd just restart the app on your phone, and try again, and then perhaps contact the app's support, as it's just talking to Tesla's servers, not the car.

Holy crap! I’m have the same issue! I just bought it yesterday. The developer has zero contact info anywhere. Last update to the app was 2 years ago. Wasted $7. Well not wasted because I’m going to submit a ticket to Apple and get my Starbucks Venti, 7 pump, no water chai back!

052C625D-684B-4979-A8B1-ECA27412B9FE.png

It’s working. I reset my password on Tesla and it works.

Got this email from developer:
App works fine - just confirmed it again moments ago. We heard from a couple persons who had this issue but were able to log in once they removed non regular characters from their login, password and vehicle name. I suggest trying to use a clean user name, password and vehicle name to resolve and isolate the issue.
Thanks
Support

Not me, I have a Dec 2014 Model S P85D. It does connect intermittently, just never for more than a minute or two, and I can't predict when it will go through
There's no reason it wouldn't work.
If you want to send me your email address i'll add you to my Teslemetry beta test group so you can try out my app and see if it works for you?