TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Powerwall 2 data usage

Discussion in 'Tesla Energy' started by Shygar, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Shygar

Shygar Member

So I got my solar and 1 powerwall 2 installed 6 days ago. I ran an ethernet to my backup gateway. I noticed today that on Sept 29th I had about 500mb uploaded from it and around 80mb downloaded. Is that normal?

PowerwallData1.png PowerwallData2.png

2. bkp_duke

bkp_duke Member

Firmware upgrade?

3. zanary

zanary Member

More than likely this is a firmware upgrade, because during my provisioning after the installation, I also saw a huge spike coming from the Gateway, and at that time the screen was showing it was doing an upgrade from 1.5.1 to 1.6.0.

4. Shygar

Shygar Member

For the 70 mb download on the 26th, that was the firmware upgrade to 1.7.0. I am still on 1.7.0. But I don't understand the almost 900mb of uploading. That shouldn't be needed for a firmware upgrade. Just curious since we have metered internet from Comcast and don't yet get too close to the limit of 1000GB per month but if our trend continues (as more 4k shows appear on Netflix) then it may become a factor. Just curious if any of the other owners saw similar data usage or not.

5. Parzival

Parzival Member

Mine seems pretty chatty too, but I have no idea what time period this data covers. I just know it doesn't include the firmware update. It's probably 3-4 days. You could always switch it over to LTE if it becomes too much.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Informative x 1