Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall availability for Third Party Installers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They have, but it is actually a more targeted increase than the article seems to note - namely everybody not also installing solar at the same time. If you get a solar panel or solar roof quote and add PWs, it used to be a flat $1k discount for doing both at the same time. However, now it is $1.5k with 1 PW, $2k with 2 PW, and an extra $500 for each PW. So, effectively, there is no increase for PWs bundled with Tesla solar.

So it looks like if anything they are using the increase to drive more business to them and away from third parties (and also provide more incentive for solar customers to add PWs at the time of solar.)
Great catch

They have, but it is actually a more targeted increase than the article seems to note - namely everybody not also installing solar at the same time. If you get a solar panel or solar roof quote and add PWs, it used to be a flat $1k discount for doing both at the same time. However, now it is $1.5k with 1 PW, $2k with 2 PW, and an extra $500 for each PW. So, effectively, there is no increase for PWs bundled with Tesla solar.

So it looks like if anything they are using the increase to drive more business to them and away from third parties (and also provide more incentive for solar customers to add PWs at the time of solar.)

You should consider that Tesla actually sells a lot of Powerwalls to non-residential buyers. In California, this price increase on Powerwalls will flow directly into the bids for services that Tesla provides to municipal projects. Especially the SGIP funded projects. The SGIP has provided recent data for the waitlist projects that were approved. Tesla has been charging about $1,000 per kWh of storage. I would bet dollars to donuts that Tesla is not providing discounts to these Equity customers because they know the SGIP will subsidize the purchases.

Outside of California, these higher rates will translate directly to Tesla's Powerwall pricing. And as we've noted noted, Tesla's tech is likely one of the best in the business for both the core ESS and the Gateway tech. So they'll win the bids/contracts anyway.

https://www.selfgenca.com/documents/nonres_waitlist

Reactions: BGbreeder
You should consider that Tesla actually sells a lot of Powerwalls to non-residential buyers. In California, this price increase on Powerwalls will flow directly into the bids for services that Tesla provides to municipal projects. Especially the SGIP funded projects. The SGIP has provided recent data for the waitlist projects that were approved. Tesla has been charging about $1,000 per kWh of storage. I would bet dollars to donuts that Tesla is not providing discounts to these Equity customers because they know the SGIP will subsidize the purchases.

Outside of California, these higher rates will translate directly to Tesla's Powerwall pricing. And as we've noted noted, Tesla's tech is likely one of the best in the business for both the core ESS and the Gateway tech. So they'll win the bids/contracts anyway.

https://www.selfgenca.com/documents/nonres_waitlist
cannot read you link

Now that it is 2021, does anyone with Powerwall installation contracts have a install date.
I got my 3 Powerwalls installed last month, but am waiting the install of the Gateway 2 (it is on back order) to have my solar system completed. I wasn't given a time frame because Tesla did not give the install company a time frame. :( 20210114_165147.jpg