Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall Companion - updated Windows app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks real good? How accurate is the Battery Capacity Chart my Powerwall2 is only 4 years old and the chart indicates only 73% warranted out of the 13.5 Kwh
The tool reports the capacity as returned by Tesla's API. I have no way of knowing how accurate it is, but given it's Tesla's data hopefully they will use the same values for warranty claims.

I've noticed the Powerwall % dropping to 0% even when the main page says 47%.

1710343208221.png

1710343225843.png

Hey all. both the Windows and Android version of Powerwall Companion are now showing a battery level of "NaN". This is because Tesla seems to have removed the total_pack_energy value from the API. Currently the app is using this to calculate the current percentage level, hence the error. I can easily update the app to pull the percentage charged from elsewhere (and will do so ASAP), however I suspect the battery status page will need to go assuming this is a deliberate change from Tesla. Basically it seems they do not want people to know what their current max storage level (and hence the degradation level) is...
1710978901795.png

Reactions: charlesj
I've pushed updates to both the Google and Microsoft stores to fix the battery percentage; the updated versions (6.3 on Windows, 1.43 on Android) should be available in the next 24 hours.

Battery degradation data will be unavailable unless they restore this data in the API. I'll investigate getting this data from the gateway like NetZero but this will take more time.

@tomho Just a thought here... The Peak/OffPeak separators are hard to see on the black background (in fact I didn't even know they were there until I zoomed in for this screenshot). Could we add an option make that bar solid colors (green/red/yellow) similar to the "Self Consumption" bar at the very bottom of the page?

1711136921302.png

Is that only while on the same network as the Powerwall? Or via Tesla api?
Only on the same network. Tesla removed the nominal full pack energy from the cloud API, so there is no other option.
On the bright side, the gateway API shows stats for individual batteries, so when I get the Windows version updated there will be more info than there was before.

Reactions: OCJeff
I've got the current charge level back on the Windows version, but on my Android phone I've still got NaN showing. I'm in England, if that makes any difference.

I hasten to add that I am eternally grateful for Powerwall Companion.

I've now updated the Windows app to pull data from the local gateway. The bad news is that you will only get fresh data when on the same network as the gateway, although it does cache the data so you'll still see something when you're disconnected. The good news is that users with multiple Powerwalls will be able to see the degradation level (including history) of each individual battery.

This was quite a big change which I've rushed out, so I've decided to roll it out slowly in case there are problems. So you probably won't get the release pushed to you just yet, but if want to try it out you can open the Microsoft Store, go to Library and click Get Updates manually, and it should update to 7.0.

If you see any issues, please let me know on this forum or by email (please don't leave a one star review!) and I'll try to fix it ASAP.

apps.45010.14000336484942127.45709bf0-9bad-468e-8a70-518804c70ac0.09914de8-fd1b-4288-90e7-c92d79d8b665

Reactions: Matt-FL and RKCRLR