Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall Companion - updated Windows app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've now updated the Windows app to pull data from the local gateway. The bad news is that you will only get fresh data when on the same network as the gateway, although it does cache the data so you'll still see something when you're disconnected. The good news is that users with multiple Powerwalls will be able to see the degradation level (including history) of each individual battery.

This was quite a big change which I've rushed out, so I've decided to roll it out slowly in case there are problems. So you probably won't get the release pushed to you just yet, but if want to try it out you can open the Microsoft Store, go to Library and click Get Updates manually, and it should update to 7.0.

If you see any issues, please let me know on this forum or by email (please don't leave a one star review!) and I'll try to fix it ASAP.

apps.45010.14000336484942127.45709bf0-9bad-468e-8a70-518804c70ac0.09914de8-fd1b-4288-90e7-c92d79d8b665
Trying to get energy site to work. I am logged into my computer to both of my gateways, meaning I know the IP, and I use
the password for each GW, and I can see them both.

If I put this info into your app, I Get unable to connect, double check IP and password?

Trying to get energy site to work. I am logged into my computer to both of my gateways, meaning I know the IP, and I use
the password for each GW, and I can see them both.

If I put this info into your app, I Get unable to connect, double check IP and password?
Thanks for testing. Did you just put the raw IP in to the settings page, i.e. without the https:// ?

You mean on my router at Home?
Cannot do it from another router away like my sons?
Not unless you do some tricky (and frankly not recommended) configuration on your home router to publish your gateway to the internet. The Powerwall gateway is only accessible from the network in which it is deployed.

I know it can be nice to view data from a remote location, but with Tesla removing the battery stats from the cloud API I had no option but to go down this route.

Reactions: charlesj
Will keep working with you to see what issue is.
@h2ofun are you able to test the gateway stats in the Android version of the app? That has near identical code, so whether it does or doesn't work, it may help narrow down the issue.

I would also love feedback from others on whether the gateway connection is working in Windows. It does work for me and I can see from telemetry that others have got it working, but there may be some additional constraint that I don't yet understand.

re the battery data: IT WORKS - THANK YOU.

After half an hour's frustration trying to extract the details of the Gateway IP address out of a TPLINK router (that showed every ruddy parameter except that one (in the end I had to go in via the tether-app from a phone, and there the IP address was obvious)) I've got the battery details up and showing.

This is particularly valuable to me as next week we're having a second Powerwall installed, and I am frustrated that - AIUI - the Tesla app only shows the overall combined charge levels, and I want to be able to see what each battery is doing.

So again, a big thank you to tomho. You're doing such a great job getting round the idiotic secrecy that Tesla shroud basic information with.

• Love
Reactions: tomho
Anyone know how to figure out Gateway IP and password on Powerwall 3?
I have never seen a Powerwall 3, but to get the IP I imagine the first step is the same for other Powerwalls, which is to log on to your Wifi router, browse the list of connected devices and look for one with a likely name. Quite possibly the name would have changed from the Powerwall 2 and it may or may not be obfuscated.

However even once you get the IP I suspect you will have some challenges. There is a long thread at Powerwall 3 Support · Issue #387 · jasonacox/Powerwall-Dashboard discussing PW3 APIs and authentication. I haven't read through it properly but it seems it works differently to the PW2.

I get the same issue -with both the ethernet and wifi IP addresses. Both ways display the built in web interface but I do need to tell the browser to"ignore" the certificate error V7.1.1.0

View attachment 1032917

View attachment 1032918
Thanks, and sorry it isn't working for you. I think everyone gets the SSL warning in the browser and I do have code to explicitly ignore those errors. For my sanity, would you mind sharing a screenshot of your PWC Settings page?