Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall Companion - updated Windows app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a beautiful app. Unfortunately I don’t have an android device - any chance of a iPad/iPhone app ?
Also - do you mind telling us a little about the app cevelopement - what language do you use ? What libraries ? What admins do you use for graphs etc ?
Thanks Shauna! Unfortunately there is no chance of an iOS version from me as I do not own any Apple devices. However (also answering your other question) the app is open source and written in Xamarin Forms, which does support iOS - so if anyone wants to port this to iOS they can do so.

Github project links:
GitHub - tomhollander/PowerwallCompanion: Windows UWP app for monitoring your Tesla Powerwall 2 battery (Windows UWP version)
GitHub - tomhollander/PowerwallCompanionX (Android Xamarin version)

Also, one thing worth considering is that even if you are normally an iOS user, if your main requirement is an always-on dashboard you can pick up very cheap Android tablets online which are great for this purpose.

@tomho , you've really done a good job of updating the app. One thing that would be nice (and this is just a nit) is if there was some animation. The arrows on the home screen could pulse or something like that. I realize it is superficial and the information is already there but it does give an indication with just glance.

@tomho , you've really done a good job of updating the app. One thing that would be nice (and this is just a nit) is if there was some animation. The arrows on the home screen could pulse or something like that. I realize it is superficial and the information is already there but it does give an indication with just glance.
Funny, I was thinking how nice it is NOT to have useless animation. Just sayin...

@tomho I'm seeing an error on the Windows UWP version this morning, and not seeing battery SOC

PCerror01 (Small).jpeg

It isn't the cursor I'm referring to, it is the arrows that show to/from house, solar, etc. in the home page of the app.
I turned on text cursor, changed the color, and increased the size from 1 to 10. It had no effect of the arrows in the app but did change my windows cursor. I also tried changing the mouse pointer size and color with the same results.

Reactions: charlesj
It isn't the cursor I'm referring to, it is the arrows that show to/from house, solar, etc. in the home page of the app.
Oh, those stationary arrows not the moving mouse arrow. :eek: Too complex :D

Come to think of that, it is part of the chart design so changing the computer cursor/mouse arrow/color would not have an effect on the app design.
I wasn't sure which you were asking about. By bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: RKCRLR
Not sure if this has been addressed before, lots of messages, but I was curious about my monthly net grid usage and discovered that
March 2023, 2022, 2021 are blank, no grid usage unlike the other months of a year.
Tesla app has data for those March months, so it is not Tesla issue, I don't think.