Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall settings to stabilize output?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So we are in the middle of this heatwave in SF bay area and I am in a outage. Good news is the Powerwall is keeping our lights and AC on, but something is up in these couple days that I keep seeing the whole house light blink for a sec and it cause my AC and router to reboot.

Looking at the app I see a series of 1 min or less outage, so I assumed the grid was unstable that cause what I am seeing. But I also set my Powerwall to either power from 3pm to 12am or in self power mode, yet the grid is still causing the house lost power for a sec....

Any one knows why this is happening? And got a solution for it?

I was hoping I won PowerBall

I was expecting to see that someone using their solar to mine the winning numbers.

Lol 😆
=====================
(moderator note)

Changed "powerball" to "powerwall" in thread title

==============================
(Regular content post)

OP, tesla gateway (and by extension powerwalls etc) have "ride through "settings that they have to have by design, for syncing to the grid. You might have an overtaxed transformer or something in your neighborhood, causing little brown outs. I am certainly not a pro, but I dont think there is any way to fix that on your end other than throwing your main breaker and running off your own microgrid if you can.

Basically, it sounds like your local grid cant handle the current stress being put on it, and because of the way all of our equipment is, if power doesnt cut cleanly, you can see stuff like this. Thats my opinion on what is happening though, and as I said, I am not an expert in this subject.