Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF and Ceramic Coating Quotes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

Can I share some quotes with you for a partial PPF and ceramic coating (whole car- Tesla Model 3)? I have no idea whether these are reasonable or not so would be grateful for your thoughts? Is paint correction essential before ppf- quote 2 told me this was really important? I don't know much about PPF or specific about the names of the various parts of the car so would be grateful if anyone could tell me if these quotes are about par or whether there should be room for negotiation?

Thank you so much!

Quote 1:
Partial Front Kit
- £1000.00

Includes full front bumper, partial bonnet (22" from leading front bonnet edge), partial wings, full headlights and mirrors

Side Sill Kit- £300

Protection for side sills and rear partials only.

Door Kit - £580.00

Includes x 4 full doors and rear partials.

Xpel Fusion Ceramic Paint Protection Film Coating - £215.00 Front End / £395 Full Car

No paint correction.

Quote 2:

PPF- Bonnet,-Wings Front Bumper A pillars (up to windscreen) Rocker panels Lower doors (3/4” from bottom), Rear bumper section (small 2” section covering the area behind the rear wheel) Headlights Wing mirrors
£299+vat single stage paint correction
£1600+vat extended front end Xpel PPF (as above)
£220+vat Xpel Fusion Plus ceramic coating

£2542.80 full price with vat

I don't know a lot about PPF price, but I wouldn't get any (semi) permanent coating put on a car without some sort of paint correction. You are in effect going to lock in the current state of your paintwork for up to a few years.
I appreciate that Tesla are renowned for their mirror finish paint work :) but the shine comes from the polishing/correction, not from the coating.

Reactions: Mm2021
Agree with the above that paint correction is an important part of the process and I'm surprised that any detailer offering PPF or ceramic is prepared to do that work without it.

Also, I'd avoid a partial bonnet covering, I think you'd end up with an obvious horizontal line part way up the car which would look odd.

As for pricing, see here for a panel by panel breakdown:

PPF and Ceramic Coating with Zoldani Auto Salon

The first post in that thread details the work I had done and the products used.

• Love
Hi All,

Can I share some quotes with you for a partial PPF and ceramic coating (whole car- Tesla Model 3)? I have no idea whether these are reasonable or not so would be grateful for your thoughts? Is paint correction essential before ppf- quote 2 told me this was really important? I don't know much about PPF or specific about the names of the various parts of the car so would be grateful if anyone could tell me if these quotes are about par or whether there should be room for negotiation?

Thank you so much!

Quote 1:
Partial Front Kit
- £1000.00

Includes full front bumper, partial bonnet (22" from leading front bonnet edge), partial wings, full headlights and mirrors

Side Sill Kit- £300

Protection for side sills and rear partials only.

Door Kit - £580.00

Includes x 4 full doors and rear partials.

Xpel Fusion Ceramic Paint Protection Film Coating - £215.00 Front End / £395 Full Car

No paint correction.

Quote 2:

PPF- Bonnet,-Wings Front Bumper A pillars (up to windscreen) Rocker panels Lower doors (3/4” from bottom), Rear bumper section (small 2” section covering the area behind the rear wheel) Headlights Wing mirrors
£299+vat single stage paint correction
£1600+vat extended front end Xpel PPF (as above)
£220+vat Xpel Fusion Plus ceramic coating

£2542.80 full price with vat
I had the ceramic coating and partial PPF done by Azuri Car Care in Stevenage. Recommended.

From personal experience, use a ceramic coat and PPF company on the manufacturers approved installers lists for the products that you are going to use - normally easy to find on the manufacturers websites. A trained installer is not the same as an approved installer as I found to my cost.

The two reasons.
  • An approved installer will be backed up by the manufacturer, so if you have a problem with the installers workmanship, the manufacturer will be more inclined to back you up.
  • An approved installer may have access to better products. An example being GTechniq where their top products are only available to their limited number approved installers - you may notice that non approved installers use consumer products.
A disadvantage of the approved installers is that there are a limited number to chose from and seem to be assigned a region.

I learned my lesson the hard way having had to have the majority of my PPF being redone at my expense and not trusting the coverage and quality of my ceramic coating - an invisible treatment which would be hard to prove was not applied properly.

Reactions: goRt
I can't quite get my head around why PPF is so expensive...
Suspect it's mostly labour. There's a lot of preparation to do prior to installation then plenty of work with a heat gun to ensure the PPF is neat around the edges. Add in wrapping around the intricate bumper sections and so on and it will consume a lot of time to professionally fit.

Suspect it's mostly labour. There's a lot of preparation to do prior to installation then plenty of work with a heat gun to ensure the PPF is neat around the edges. Add in wrapping around the intricate bumper sections and so on and it will consume a lot of time to professionally fit.
I guess so...

I've done ceramic coating on cars before... myself... that alone does take time.

The quote provided to the OP is broadly comparable to that I received today from a local (Oxfordshire) detailing outfit.

I don't have any personal experience of PPF, but the same local detailer applied a full GTECHNIQ total protection bundle to my current Mercedes A Class (M3P is on order!) in 2017. Have been very happy with the results and it has only really been this last winter where I have noticed it is not quite as effective at dispersing water as it once was. Still comes up nice an shiny though after a simple wash!

I have been considering PPF for my Tesla Model 3 (when it arrives in May!) due to the lack of stone chip protection that a ceramic coating alone provides.

The information/quote I received is pasted below. If money were no object I would go for it as it should keep the car looking lovely for the duration that I will own it. I still need convincing however that it is worth the money, especially with the additional insurance premiums that are sometimes applied.

Quote below (This is for XPEL PPF):

You have stated in our contact form that you are interested in a stage 1 paint enhancement and our ceramic coating option for your 2021, Tesla Model 3.

Our Front End Kit covers the entire front end of the car including the bonnet, wing mirrors, front wings, headlights and front bumper.

The Performance kit we offer covers everything the Front End Kit offers plus the lower sills, “a” pillars, front end of the roof and a small section on the rear wheel arch.

Both PPF choices are topped with a bespoke ceramic coating rated to last for 2 years, this gives it a super hydrophobic top layer making it easy to clean with a durable and glossy finish. The PPF itself has a manufacture guarantee of 10 years and as installers we offer a 3 months installation guarantee, this is a preliminary period to ensure the film is performing as it should and will hold up to its 10-year guarantee.

Looking at our quotation system we see a return figure for the following work items.

Front end PPF kit : £1300 + VAT

Performance PPF kit : £1600 + VAT

We also offer our Full wrap PPF kit, this covers all painted panels. Our system shows us a quotation of £4200 + VAT for this particular work

I would advise going ahead with the performance PPF kit with our 9 year guarantee crystal serum ultra ceramic coating on the rest of the car which isn’t protected by PPF.

This is quoted at £2300 + VAT. If you was to go ahead with this then I will do the total protection bundle free of charge which is usually £255 extra.

Our TSP bundle offers protection to the remainder of the car including the interior fabrics and upholstery, glass, exhaust tips, engine plastics, rear lights, alloy wheels and interior dash board. This protection comes from a selection of Nano-engineered guards and coatings supplied by Gtechniq. The alloy wheels in particular would be coating to last for up to 2 years. This effectively makes the wheels easy to clean and protected against brake dust and corrosion.

• Love
The quote provided to the OP is broadly comparable to that I received today from a local (Oxfordshire) detailing outfit.

I don't have any personal experience of PPF, but the same local detailer applied a full GTECHNIQ total protection bundle to my current Mercedes A Class (M3P is on order!) in 2017. Have been very happy with the results and it has only really been this last winter where I have noticed it is not quite as effective at dispersing water as it once was. Still comes up nice an shiny though after a simple wash!

I have been considering PPF for my Tesla Model 3 (when it arrives in May!) due to the lack of stone chip protection that a ceramic coating alone provides.

The information/quote I received is pasted below. If money were no object I would go for it as it should keep the car looking lovely for the duration that I will own it. I still need convincing however that it is worth the money, especially with the additional insurance premiums that are sometimes applied.

Quote below (This is for XPEL PPF):

You have stated in our contact form that you are interested in a stage 1 paint enhancement and our ceramic coating option for your 2021, Tesla Model 3.

Our Front End Kit covers the entire front end of the car including the bonnet, wing mirrors, front wings, headlights and front bumper.

The Performance kit we offer covers everything the Front End Kit offers plus the lower sills, “a” pillars, front end of the roof and a small section on the rear wheel arch.

Both PPF choices are topped with a bespoke ceramic coating rated to last for 2 years, this gives it a super hydrophobic top layer making it easy to clean with a durable and glossy finish. The PPF itself has a manufacture guarantee of 10 years and as installers we offer a 3 months installation guarantee, this is a preliminary period to ensure the film is performing as it should and will hold up to its 10-year guarantee.

Looking at our quotation system we see a return figure for the following work items.

Front end PPF kit : £1300 + VAT

Performance PPF kit : £1600 + VAT

We also offer our Full wrap PPF kit, this covers all painted panels. Our system shows us a quotation of £4200 + VAT for this particular work

I would advise going ahead with the performance PPF kit with our 9 year guarantee crystal serum ultra ceramic coating on the rest of the car which isn’t protected by PPF.

This is quoted at £2300 + VAT. If you was to go ahead with this then I will do the total protection bundle free of charge which is usually £255 extra.

Our TSP bundle offers protection to the remainder of the car including the interior fabrics and upholstery, glass, exhaust tips, engine plastics, rear lights, alloy wheels and interior dash board. This protection comes from a selection of Nano-engineered guards and coatings supplied by Gtechniq. The alloy wheels in particular would be coating to last for up to 2 years. This effectively makes the wheels easy to clean and protected against brake dust and corrosion.
Regarding insurance premiums yes this is true sadly however Admiral seem to be happy to cover PPF covered Teslas.

Regarding insurance premiums yes this is true sadly however Admiral seem to be happy to cover PPF covered Teslas.

I can confirm Admiral will cover the car, but they won't cover the PPF. I declared my PPF to Admiral, but they refused to replace it after an accident. They would only cover the car as it left the factory, so parts, bodywork, paint... no PPF.

I can confirm Admiral will cover the car, but they won't cover the PPF. I declared my PPF to Admiral, but they refused to replace it after an accident. They would only cover the car as it left the factory, so parts, bodywork, paint... no PPF.

Interestingly Admiral told me they would not cover my M3LR if I applied PPF to it.
Confused now and yet to apply PPF due 5o lockdown.

Hi everyone,

Decided to go with one of the quotes for the PPF! Just wanted to check- the detailer has told me to tell Tesla not to wash the car or apply any coatings to the car before delivery as he says they often cause more harm than good. He wants the car as is and will do paint corrections, wash etc himself. Does this sound like a reasonable request of Tesla? Does it make sense to you all to ask Tesla not to wash the car before delivery?

Would be grateful for your thoughts!

Last edited:
Does it make sense to you all to ask Tesla not to wash the car before delivery?
In previous quarters you'd be lucky if it was washed at all before handover, mine was filthy upon collection and covered in little bits of some form of protective wrap they used for shipping, complete with sand from the Mojave.

Usually I'd say not to be concerned, but some of the pictures I've seen from the last few days do look like Tesla have made an effort to prep the cars before handover.

Your detailer may well be assuming the new show room shine of a new BMW/Merc/Audi will also apply to the Tesla, which isn't going to happen when there are 500 of them in a car park, all going out that week. I don't think he should have anything to worry about, and ultimately as part of the paint correction they should have the kit to strip the polish back if necessary.

My preference would be to collect a clean car, that way you can see clearer and report any issues with the paintwork that are beyond what a detailer would be able to correct.

• Love