Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Prediction: Model X price will be reduced to $78K in January 2024

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Has WFT been accurate for months now… if not wrong for 6+ months? I see inventory cars on Tesla’s site that’s not on WFT. Also, it’s well known that one car on Tesla’s site doesn’t mean there’s only one car. There could be 10-20 of the same config but Tesla only shows one. It’s how their website works.

Reactions: SpicyPaneer
Model S and X seem to be taking a backseat again:

Will folks be cancelling deliveries if they don't get new charge rating on their S/X, putting more pressure on discounts and incentives?
This is incorrect.
C = type 2 AC
K = 50-500V DC
L - 200-920V DC

370V overlaps K/L

1698822807571.png

Reactions: terranx
Model S and X seem to be taking a backseat again:

Will folks be cancelling deliveries if they don't get new charge rating on their S/X, putting more pressure on discounts and incentives?
I think it's more likely people will delay ordering to get the rumored bumper cam and interior lighting than cancel over this change to a different car.

Couple of reasons:

1. This change to 3 architecture does't affect the operation or capabilities of the s/x at all - they're still capable of 250kw charging from NACS chargers.

2. Our (NA) v3 chargers max at 250kw, not 350. V4 chargers are basically non-existent here yet, so finding a charger capable of delivering more than 250kw is going to be nigh impossible. NA Teslas don't have CCS so they can't use the 350kw chargers on the EA network (if you can even find one that's working).

600v architecture is great and moving Tesla in the right direction, but s/x have more than enough power with 370v (see Plaid), and the charging situation is as described above. This change is years away from providing added value to a car in NA.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ethan Ryczek
Please explain (for dummies, I know nothing about these except that bigger sounds better)? Model S/X have max 920V or max 500V?

New Model 3 have max 920V or max 500V?

From my (admittedly basic) understanding:

Model S/3/X/Y are all using 370V batteries/architecture. When charging at a DC charger they request between 350-500V depending on state of charge.

Those numbers "920V/500V" listed are just DC charger voltage compatibility. Newer Model Y's also have the same labeling so there's nothing new with the Model 3 Highland. That post is confusing the true battery voltage (370V) with a 600V compatible connector.

People are excited about the switch to 800V architecture because it allows for thinner wires throughout the car and slightly faster charging. The cybertruck will be the first consumer Tesla to go to a higher voltage architecture.

Would love white interior in FL,, but the price of white or beige pushes it over the $80K limit. The only option is black if you still want the $7500 tax credit
Reports are that the cooled seats are very effective, so I settled for the Ultra-Red with Black seats.

Would love white interior and plaid, but the price pushes it over the $80k limit. The closer you get to $100k, the more you need that $7,500 off the top.

Would love white interior and plaid, but the price pushes it over the $80k limit. The closer you get to $100k, the more you need that $7,500 off the top.
It will probably fall out the same way with the CYBRTRK. For under $80k you get the basic dual motor
If your want the Tri-motor beast you can forget about the tax credit.

That makes the Tri-motor available to the rich and famous. It becomes SO much less in terms of value without the tax credit.
I can afford the Tri-motor, but wouldn't get it because of the reduction in value. I wouldn't want waste the tax credit ($7500), plus $20,000 for something you can't tell from the outside. The CYBRTRK WOW is the same, unless you have to have the speed and towing power. Value. The same reason I got rid of my Model Xs and have a Y Performance - Value.

It will probably fall out the same way with the CYBRTRK. For under $80k you get the basic dual motor
If your want the Tri-motor beast you can forget about the tax credit.

That makes the Tri-motor available to the rich and famous. It becomes SO much less in terms of value without the tax credit.
I can afford the Tri-motor, but wouldn't get it because of the reduction in value. I wouldn't want waste the tax credit ($7500), plus $20,000 for something you can't tell from the outside. The CYBRTRK WOW is the same, unless you have to have the speed and towing power. Value. The same reason I got rid of my Model Xs and have a Y Performance - Value.
Not sure of your analogy. I understand the comments about the CT and not wanting to spend an extra $27,500 for the same vehicle -appearance wise. But there is a significant difference between the X and Y appearance and WOW factor. And I think the base X is actually faster than the performance Y. As to "value" of the differences that is a personal decision.

Not sure of your analogy. I understand the comments about the CT and not wanting to spend an extra $27,500 for the same vehicle -appearance wise. But there is a significant difference between the X and Y appearance and WOW factor. And I think the base X is actually faster than the performance Y. As to "value" of the differences that is a personal decision.
He is taking about X vs X plaid

He is taking about X vs X plaid
Except he said "The same reason I got rid of my Model Xs and have a Y Performance - Value."

You would be correct the price difference between the X LR and the X Plaid is now effectively $22,500 if you are eligible for the $7500 tax credit. That is a hard pill to swallow - unless you really want the 6 seater, then the price difference is $16,000, And if you are using it for commercial purposes you may be eligible for the $7500 EV credit bringing the difference down to $8500. AND if you are eligible for bonus depreciation and can write off most of that difference you may be down to a net after tax difference of @$6000. Then might make it a tough choice.

Not sure of your analogy. I understand the comments about the CT and not wanting to spend an extra $27,500 for the same vehicle -appearance wise. But there is a significani have t difference between the X and Y appearance and WOW factor. And I think the base X is actually faster than the performance Y. As to "value" of the differences that is a personal decision.
I have had two Model Xs and paying that much money for the dreaded "shudder", a design failure, and uneven wear and tire blowouts is not my idea of WOW.

As far as speed is concerned, I set the SUV World speed record with my Model X Raven besting the Lambo Urus and I don't find that need for speed in my daily driver. In fact, I find it a bit too tempting to get into trouble.
I have 31k miles on my MYP tires and the tread still measures 4.

To each their own, but clearly I see the Model Y as the best value for the dollar, especially with the tax credit, and I can still put the Corvette and the Porche on my street in the rear view mirror. The size in the rear view mirror is all relative to how much you want to empty your wallet. That's why the MY is the best selling car in the world.

I have had two Model Xs and paying that much money for the dreaded "shudder", a design failure, and uneven wear and tire blowouts is not my idea of WOW.

As far as speed is concerned, I set the SUV World speed record with my Model X Raven besting the Lambo Urus and I don't find that need for speed in my daily driver. In fact, I find it a bit too tempting to get into trouble.
I have 31k miles on my MYP tires and the tread still measures 4.

To each their own, but clearly I see the Model Y as the best value for the dollar, especially with the tax credit, and I can still put the Corvette and the Porche on my street in the rear view mirror. The size in the rear view mirror is all relative to how much you want to empty your wallet. That's why the MY is the best selling car in the world.
Well I guess WOW is in the eye of the beholder. And you may make many good points. Not sure about your speed record in your Model X Raven - I have one. Also not sure what year/model Corvette you are talking about. I have a 2022 C8. No Model X Raven would be putting it in their rear view mirror.

With all due respect, I saw you extolling the virtues of the X platform many times on this forum before you decided to cancel your order. I would think after owning 2 Xes you would see what they bring to the table over a Y.

Value is a subjective thing. How do you value FWDs? Regardless of how you would answer, most would agree they contribute to "WOW" factor. How do you value the superior feeling of the materials, sound proofing and long range driving comfort of the X over the Y?

It feels like you're arguing the "WOW" on the basis of very practical concerns like cost, maintenance, and range economy.