Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Prediction: Model X price will be reduced to $78K in January 2024

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rated range on every car other than Tesla are usually pretty accurate, if not underestimated. Tesla numbers, OTOH, are always unrealistic for real world driving. I'd be surprised if any MX was able to get more than 300 miles of range, even going 100-0 SoC. Maybe if you were driving 50 mph the whole way, but that's pretty unrealistic.
I was replying to the post where he said iX had better range and have not personally experienced the BMW . I've had 3 cars and know what you mean about supposed range. Drove MYLR with 100% charge and went on 402 mile road trip...I had to SC 4 times to make it with each stop charging to about 80%, however was driving between 75-80 mph but really 4 times? That's when I decided to see if swapping the 21" wheels to the ugly Geminis will make a noticeable difference but I doubt it.

Was thinking about ordering your exact config! What is you EDD? Just curious since your on East Coast
EDD #4 as of yesterday 👀 Also updated in my signature.

IMG_9583.jpeg

What am I missing...iX is rated @ 305-311? However the lease seems like a great deal!

Actually, it has been known that BMW iX goes farther than its rated range.

They got 377 miles of range. BMW iX has a bigger battery pack than the Model X.

What a weird thing to say.
What I am saying is, why do you want a bigger Y? If you wanted a bigger Y, that’s honestly weird because it’s already a stretched Model 3, so saying that you want a bigger Model Y is basically saying you want a REALLY stretched Model 3. I honestly don’t see how that is not weird. So would you want 3 of Teslas models to look exactly the same?

Last edited:
Sept. 4th NJ order… good luck, I’m sure the backlog is getting deep at this point in the sale. An inventory vehicle might be a better option as the year ends and some inevitably back out of their orders.

My 4th EDD update so far… left to right, top down. 👀
View attachment 976705
You can have mine. I just canceled. I cannot tolerate the black interior in FL and certainly cannot put up with the dreaded "shudder" which hasn't been and can't be fixed (engineering issue). I have a nice MYP with white interior and it will tide me over until the CYBRTRK arrives next November.

You can have mine. I just canceled. I cannot tolerate the black interior in FL and certainly cannot put up with the dreaded "shudder" which hasn't been and can't be fixed (engineering issue). I have a nice MYP with white interior and it will tide me over until the CYBRTRK arrives next November.

That's too bad cuz it can be fixed with a few aftermarket parts, and granted not EVERY X/S has these drivetrain issues.

Plus of the aftermarket parts is it'll also extend you tire life and the lowering links make the stance look and handle so much better too....win win in my book!

I'll get the Cybertruck when it's good and ready down the road.... look how long it's taken for them to refine the S/X, IMO you'll be disappointed in inevitable changes to the CT in the first 2-years.

If that were to happen, it would further destroy resale values especially on MXs bought last year or early this year. The MX base price (before destination fee, order fee or any potential extra cost options) was $120,990 at the beginning of the year. $78,000 would be more than a 35% retail price reduction in just one year.
But Tesla couldn’t care less about customer’s used resale value.

Reactions: bnsfengineer
Is there any beneifts to possibly wait till end of year ordering the X with ongoing price cut ? the way i see is just in time we get the 2024 on the VIN for future reselling value ?
If you're shooting for a tax credit eligible build that's a dangerous game. Ordering in time but not pushing until next year where the credit is unknown. If it pushes you to 2024 and the credit is cut in half or completely was it worth it? If the interest rates go up more...same deal.

IMO the model year is insignificant with Tesla, all the latest builds have all the newest updates and lighting since the refresh.

If you're shooting for a tax credit eligible build that's a dangerous game. Ordering in time but not pushing until next year where the credit is unknown. If it pushes you to 2024 and the credit is cut in half or completely was it worth it? If the interest rates go up more...same deal.

IMO the model year is insignificant with Tesla, all the latest builds have all the newest updates and lighting since the refresh.

But I doubt the official 2024 models will have absolutely no change at all.

But I doubt the official 2024 models will have absolutely no change at all.
Yeah, there will probably be some interior upgrades, maybe exterior camera on bumper eventually in 2024.. I’m one who always needs the most current stuff and went over and over in my head whether or not I’d be unhappy if I get a MX now and then they come out with ambient lights inside or a horn in the middle of steering wheel etc… I decided to just go ahead and order the car now. I can deal without ambient lights lol. The car is really nice as it is. Hopefully we get a retrofit bumper camera at some point. I read that MX has an empty port for a camera to plug into.

Yeah, there will probably be some interior upgrades, maybe exterior camera on bumper eventually in 2024.. I’m one who always needs the most current stuff and went over and over in my head whether or not I’d be unhappy if I get a MX now and then they come out with ambient lights inside or a horn in the middle of steering wheel etc… I decided to just go ahead and order the car now. I can deal without ambient lights lol. The car is really nice as it is. Hopefully we get a retrofit bumper camera at some point. I read that MX has an empty port for a camera to plug into.
I am waiting until next year, the longer you wait the better. Hopefully rates will be lower as well.

Reactions: patentesq