Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Prediction: Model X price will be reduced to $78K in January 2024

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What I meant was there is nothing new with the X in the near future. It will be the same X for about two years coming up. They need to make some kind of updates, even minor. Nothing to stimulate new sales besides price cuts and charging offers.
The X has the same updates as the S. Also there is a lot new in the feature differences between a 2021 X and a 2023 X. One example is Matrix headlights. There are about 80 other updates.

Vehicle Comparison Selector – TeslaTap

Comparison of legacy X to new X. Model X 2021 Comparisons – TeslaTap

Reactions: Sunshine Speed
The X has the same updates as the S. Also there is a lot new in the feature differences between a 2021 X and a 2023 X. One example is Matrix headlights. There are about 80 other updates.

Vehicle Comparison Selector – TeslaTap

Comparison of legacy X to new X. Model X 2021 Comparisons – TeslaTap
Vast majority of carbiuers are not going to realize the “under-the-hood” differences, or minor things like headlights changes. My parents don’t know and likely do that care what the heck isna matrix headlight over the original one. This is mostly the same X as from 2016.

Vast majority of carbiuers are not going to realize the “under-the-hood” differences, or minor things like headlights changes. My parents don’t know and likely do that care what the heck isna matrix headlight over the original one. This is mostly the same X as from 2016.
Here is what I do know, this car cost $50K less than it did 4 years ago, and is the cheapest of 4 Tesla's I've owned since 2012.

I am actually considering buying a second one since it's such a good deal for this level of technology. If you look under the hood, you would realize that the powertrain and the charging infrastructure alone are superior to anything else on the road today. Name one car not made by Tesla that can go 400+ miles on the about 3 gallons of gasoline energy? Or an SUV/CUV that can go 349 Miles on that same 3 gallons of energy, and still outperform 99% of the cars on the road?

Your parents, like mine, are probably happy with a Subaru Outback, that's a great car for what you pay for it. If you need sheetmetal work to feel better about the value to you, then I get that. I think the current body style is going to become a classic, just like the old Mercedes E320.

My parents and I do look at IIHS headlight ratings due to compromised night vision. The old <Oct 2023 Model X was a no go due to the crappy LED lights. My 2016 Model S has the same crappy lights, and I am upgrading them to these, because the DRL burn out all the time and the light output is horrible.

here are the new matrix headlights running without software controls, once the government regulators figure out how well the software controlled ones work, Tesla can flash the firmware and enable full control of the matrix headlights.. Here is an example with the matrix headlight software controls enabled.

Last edited:
This is mostly the same X as from 2016.

Nah, I have owned 3, a 3K and 103K and now a 450K VIN model (sold the first two).

The current model is significantly better than each unit and much different/improved. Sure they still have falcon wing doors but the interior, guts and exterior have changed over the years to make them "different" vehicles..

Here is what I do know, this car cost $50K less than it did 4 years ago, and is the cheapest of 4 Tesla's I've owned since 2012.

I am actually considering buying a second one since it's such a good deal for this level of technology. If you look under the hood, you would realize that the powertrain and the charging infrastructure alone are superior to anything else on the road today. Name one car not made by Tesla that can go 400+ miles on the about 3 gallons of gasoline energy? Or an SUV/CUV that can go 349 Miles on that same 3 gallons of energy, and still outperform 99% of the cars on the road?

Your parents, like mine, are probably happy with a Subaru Outback, that's a great car for what you pay for it. If you need sheetmetal work to feel better about the value to you, then I get that. I think the current body style is going to become a classic, just like the old Mercedes E320.

My parents and I do look at IIHS headlight ratings due to compromised night vision. The old <Oct 2023 Model X was a no go due to the crappy LED lights. My 2016 Model S has the same crappy lights, and I am upgrading them to these, because the DRL burn out all the time and the light output is horrible.

here are the new matrix headlights running without software controls, once the government regulators figure this out how well the software controlled ones work, Tesla can flash the firmware and enable full control of the matrix headlights.. Here is an example with the matrix headlight software controls enabled.
No one in a Model X is getting 349 real world miles. In any condition. Maybe close, but not that rated range. Unless you're only going downhill. C’mon.

Merry Christmas, y’all.

Reactions: terranx
No one in a Model X is getting 349 real world miles. In any condition. Maybe close, but not that rated range. Unless you're only going downhill. C’mon.

Merry Christmas, y’all.
I'll let you know what the wife reports back on the range. I know I can make it get 200, doing 90 MPH, but she drives like Ms Daisy.

Merry Christmas, this is her combo birthday/Christmas present.

IMG_2010.jpeg

Reactions: towndrunk
I'll let you know what the wife reports back on the range. I know I can make it get 200, doing 90 MPH, but she drives like Ms Daisy.

Merry Christmas, this is her combo birthday/Christmas present.

View attachment 1002914

Nice tree!

Reactions: Xenoilphobe
They only made ~20k S/X for the whole world last quarter. The X isn’t the one driving the numbers.

The 80k X was the end of the life cycle. The promise was 90k for refresh when announced. I think we could see price cuts to move inventory but they want to keep the X and a premium offering and they have opportunities to sell these all over the globe.
The X refresh will not be anytime soon unless it is a proving ground for features for future Model Ys.

Right now, Model X is a great value for many buyers. The current 100 kWh battery gives great range and charges quickly. Recharging at Superchargers is amazingly quick. Federal Tax Credits, Utility rebates, State rebates all make it a smart choice for many. In addition, it still qualifies for the Federal accelerated depreciation if you have a profitable small business.

It is super easy to get in and out of, rides great, handles well, cruises quietly, has a great sound system, dual displays, efficient heat pump, variable height air suspension, panorama windshield, heated and cooled perforated seating, super high safety ratings, and a commanding view of the road.

Of course, it is not for everyone, but for those in the know, it is fantastic.