Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Prediction: Model X price will be reduced to $78K in January 2024

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m been thinking about the same thing, we have an S (that I drive) and a new X that wife just got a couple weeks ago. I’m thinking of getting another X for me, thing is amazing with all the upgrades from my legacy 2016 S, which now has 119,000 miles (all original everything, except for tires, filters, 12 volt battery and a couple door handles, its still under warranty until 27 Sept 2024). I have a CT on order too, but no freaking way I am paying for a Foundation Series. I have already been a foundation guy (3 Model S’s 2012,2014,2016) and now a December build 2023 Model X (transferred FUSC got us to move off the old 2014). I figure I have already given Tesla half million dollars, maybe they will do a legacy deal in the future… Our 2016 also has FUSC if they do that again I will jump on another one.

Reactions: DrIlyich
I don’t live in a 5mm mansion, but your point is totally valid. For lots of people in CA/NY, housing is their biggest household expense by far, and the budget left for cars is minuscule in comparison if not none. I can now see how one’s priorities could look very different if housing was so affordable.

Reactions: Jayskywalker21
Fascinating. All of the Tesla owners I personally know fall into the bucket of (make > 300k/yr in W2 income, own a 3/Y), so I guess I was just stuck in my coastal/HCOL bubble and horribly miscalibrated on the market as a whole.
I live in a coastal bubble also and definitely see quite a bit more tesla's than when I leave the bubble but they still seem pretty common elsewhere. Everyone loves the FWD including my friend who has an Aventador. Unfortunately he did not think it would be a good deal if we traded cars. 😂

FINAL SCORECARD:
Prediction to launch this thread in July was made when Model X base price was $98K USD. Prediction was that Tesla will drop base price of X to $78K to qualify for federal tax credit and enable multiple paint colors to fit in under the $80K price.
Tesla eventually dropped the price to $80K in September, then made all paint colors free for a long time.

Conclusion: Prediction did NOT come true. The price was not dropped to $78K by January.
Consolation prize: An X with any paint color could be ordered for under $80K and quality for federal tax credit.
Latest update: After another 3 months, Tesla raised the price of paint colors back to normal now.

Reactions: msm859
Man remember when Tesla was the leader in battery and motor tech?

Now we have charging curves like this…

1706972852772.png

Reactions: Jayskywalker21