TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Preferred turbine color for pearl white MS

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by s00nr1, Jun 24, 2017.

?

Wheel color preference:

1. Gloss grey

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  2. Matte grey

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. Gloss black

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  4. Matte black

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  1. s00nr1

s00nr1 Member

We aren't sold on the silver turbines on our CPO pearl P85 (pic of car attached) and are strongly considering getting them powdercoated locally. We are having a hard time deciding between gloss grey, matte grey, gloss black, and matte black. Either way, we will definitely be getting the calipers redone in red.

Any thoughts white MS owners?

Attached Files:

2. Mickie

Mickie Member

There are pics of 20" turbine wheels of all of those finishes sans matte grey on every color of Tesla, including white on tsportline's webpage. That might help you out some.

I think all the darker wheels look flame on white, imho

3. Xenoilphobe

Xenoilphobe Active Member

I went with PVD Black Chrome... on both my Turbines and Stock 19's. The contrast would be better with a white car. Get them done here Black Chrome - CalChrome.com

Attached Files:

• Like x 2
  4. mdevp

mdevp Member

I love your wheels. How is it different (or similar) to BBS shadow chrome, I was looking to get my 20in Turbines done this way. They look very similar to your wheels, both look pretty sexy IMO.
    BBS shadow chrome wheels.jpg

• Like x 2
  5. Naonak

Naonak Member

I have gloss grey 21" turbines and some Matte Black 19" TSTs on my white MS. They both look good, depending on the look you are going for. Overall, I prefer the matte black ones as it gives the car a more aggressive look, but the gloss grey is more refined... so it depends on what you are going for.

6. Tsportline

Tsportline Vendor

Here are a few photos of a White Model S with 20" TST Tesla Wheels for your reference. These photos are also available in our Product-Galleries using our 'Vehicle Color' gallery filter.

Gloss Black:

solid-white-tesla-model-s-20-inch-wheel-tst-gloss-black-6.jpg

Matte Black:

solid-white-tesla-model-s-20-inch-wheel-tst-matte-black-8.jpg

Metallic Gray

solid-white-tesla-model-s-20-inch-wheel-tst-metllic-grey-9.jpg