Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premature Tire Wear

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I replaced the OEM contis after 13k.. now Im getting excessive inside rear wear on next set they lasted maybe 20k.. have MPP lift kit ... Anyone getting 30k or more did you have alignment done ? Seems like most Tesla have negative rear camber on purpose.. seems only solution is after market adjustable camber arms

I thought lift was supposed to result in less negative camber

I am 10k miles into Continental ProContact RX OEM tires on 19" wheels on my 2022 MYP. Inside shoulders are pretty much gone on all sides, probably will have to replace soon. Ugh. Rotation may have helped a little, but seeing as the inside edges are all shot, I'm not sure. But at least documented rotation will let you claim a mileage warranty I guess.

Alignment wasn't too off, specs below (I did this last week):

LF RF LR RR
Camber 0.75- 0.75- 1.2- 2.0-
Caster 5.0+ 5.0+
Toe (before) 0.15 out 0.05 out 0 0
Toe (after). 0.02 in 0.02 in 0.06 in 0.06 in

Attachments

• IMG_1021.jpeg
    IMG_1021.jpeg
    434.3 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_1024.jpeg
    IMG_1024.jpeg
    470.8 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1023.jpeg
    IMG_1023.jpeg
    552.1 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_1022.jpeg
    IMG_1022.jpeg
    596.4 KB · Views: 48
I am 10k miles into Continental ProContact RX OEM tires on 19" wheels on my 2022 MYP. Inside shoulders are pretty much gone on all sides, probably will have to replace soon. Ugh. Rotation may have helped a little, but seeing as the inside edges are all shot, I'm not sure. But at least documented rotation will let you claim a mileage warranty I guess.

LF RF LR RR
Caster 5.0+ 5.0+
You could also balance (remount) and move the inside of the tire to the outside

That’s true… I’d have to find a smaller shop to do it though. I know the Americas tires shops near me are sticklers for procedure and will call those tires worn…
yeah discount tire wouldnt work on mine (my rears are worse though) ... i bought some used tires to get me through this summer just for the rears

btw your tire wear look exactly like mine a few weeks ago.. now im even more bald on inner side

LF RF LR RR
Caster 5.0+ 5.0+
Curious if you had any issues with the mileage warranty. I'm in a similar situation with Continental Extreme Contact DW06 Plus with ~8k miles / 1 year and rear tire treads are completely worn out. Spoke to the place where I had them installed (Mavis) and they gave me the run around about no warranties on Tesla's or reach out to Continental directly.