Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Center Console No Longer Available?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just went to tesla.com to order the Premium Center Console (front), and it doesn't appear to be on the site anymore. Has anyone else noticed this? Is there any reason to hope this is a prelude to Tesla offering consoles that coordinate with our interiors and not just black/piano?

There is another thread on TMC showing that the Model S now comes with a center console standard, and it's different than the one that was being offered. Someone mentioned that it looks to be the same one as the Model X center console.

Maybe they went through their inventory and are looking to start selling the new center console combo... though from the pictures it's one piece that attaches to the armrests, so I expect the price to double from where it is now.

Thanks for the replies. The one pictured in the links NJ provided is the same one that used to sell on Tesla's website for $600 and was only available in black leather with piano black trim. Hopefully it will pop back up on their website so I can order it. Thanks again to all!

I took delivery of my car 2 weeks ago - no center console was included.

I just called my local service center and the employee I spoke with was totally surprised when I mentioned the console had been removed from the "accessory" site. He brought up the page and said, yes, it was gone for him too. He did not mention anything about the console being standard on new cars.

He said that when something like this has happened in the past, it's been because a product was being re-designed and not ready for sale yet. He took my info and told me he would look into it and call me back.....when I hear anything, I'll post an update.

Well this is concerning. I purchased a center console for my new Model S on February 27th. The delivery stated 4 weeks so hopefully I get the old design one since that is what I ordered.

If they offer me the new design I won't be happy.

Edit: they emailed me back.

Hi
Thank you for your Tesla Gear order for the Premium Front Console. While this item can take up to four weeks to process, we are now experiencing an additional delay with the fulfillment of your order due to supply constraints. Once more inventory is received, we will ship the console to your Service Center for installation. A team member from that location will contact you to arrange the service appointment upon receipt. We apologize that we are unable to provide a timing estimate at this time although we hope to resume order fulfillment in the next couple of weeks.

The Premium Front Console that you ordered is not the new Premium Front Console, you will be provided with the original Premium Front Console as you have ordered.

If you do not want to wait, you may cancel your order and receive a prompt refund by replying to this email. No further reply is necessary if you wish to wait for your order to ship.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Last edited: