Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium connectivity bypass with hotspot on phone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My premium connectivity stopped after one year, now i setup the hotspot of the phone to provide WIFI connection, which should enable most premium settings via your phone ( endless mobile data anyway ).

Most things work ( like Netflix and Spotify and also at higher quality than before ), however the standard google maps, remains standard ( no satellite pictures and traffic via the WIFI connection ). Did anyone find a workaround to make that work, Since i have a heavy data connection already via the phone i hate to pay for another data connection for my tesla if i do not really need it.

Any tip is welcome !

Reactions: beachmiles
That's the modern problem, everyone wants you to pay for their service and you end up paying multiple times over for a service you already had somewhere else. Vent over

As for "bypass" hard to say it's possible. Elon always puts hackathons and large payout to anyone who can break things through code.
What you stumbled across is the go to way as far as I am aware. Sorry for not offering much help. Hopefully other users can

Any tricks to using a hotspot connection easily? Every time I get in the car I have to first turn on my phone hotspot, turn on the cars WiFi, then put in the WiFi hotspot password. Is there a way to automate the process? Typically I don’t bother, it’s a hassle. I’m using an iPhone, btw.

Any tricks to using a hotspot connection easily? Every time I get in the car I have to first turn on my phone hotspot, turn on the cars WiFi, then put in the WiFi hotspot password. Is there a way to automate the process? Typically I don’t bother, it’s a hassle. I’m using an iPhone, btw.
You could automate the hotspot process using Siri shortcuts to turn on when it connects to the car's bluetooth system. You will still have to tell the car manually to connect to it though as I understand.

That's the modern problem, everyone wants you to pay for their service and you end up paying multiple times over for a service you already had somewhere else. Vent over

As for "bypass" hard to say it's possible. Elon always puts hackathons and large payout to anyone who can break things through code.
What you stumbled across is the go to way as far as I am aware. Sorry for not offering much help. Hopefully other users can

I have the opposite problem. My traffic visualisation mysteriously stopped working back in March. I booked a service visit to see if I could get it back but the techs told me I was getting everything I should - seems like I was fobbed off. What with lock down I kind of forgot about but now I am being asked to pay for something that does not work. Anybody else experience anything similar and managed to fix it?

I have the opposite problem. My traffic visualisation mysteriously stopped working back in March. I booked a service visit to see if I could get it back but the techs told me I was getting everything I should - seems like I was fobbed off. What with lock down I kind of forgot about but now I am being asked to pay for something that does not work. Anybody else experience anything similar and managed to fix it?

There is a button to turn that off and on, on the screen (if you have premium connectivity).

Has anyone had any issues recently with connecting their iphone hotspot to the M3?. The phone and car won't stay connected. It will keep connecting/disconnecting every so often. I haven't used it recently but not sure if it has to do with one of the new Tesla software updates or maybe a iphone update?

my phone hotspot does not work at all anymore..i use to stream music on my tesla by using mobile hotspot but for some reason it completely wont work with music 2 days ago..what happened and anyone in here know how i can fix this.. i like my uninterrupted music

You could try Tesla Waze for traffic. When connected to your hotspot search for Tesla Waze on the browser and bookmark the page after you connect to it. That should give you most of the features of Waze.

Waze is a phone app for Android or iPhone. It is not app that works on a web browser. Fortunately, someone wrote a browser app that takes most of the functionality of the Waze phone app and lets it run on the Tesla browser. Search TMC for Waze to get more info.

Reactions: david1701