Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Connectivity Yearly Plan $99

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
if cancel, prorated refund?

No, which Tesla clearly spells out, directly on their website on this:

Can I receive a refund of my Premium Connectivity subscription if I cancel it in between billing cycles?
No. You cannot receive a partial or full refund for your Premium Connectivity subscription. You can cancel your Premium Connectivity subscription at any time and will continue to receive Premium Connectivity features for the duration of the billing cycle before returning to Standard Connectivity at the end of the billing period.

Attachments

• F2429477-56EF-4509-B77C-D5410C755578.jpeg
    F2429477-56EF-4509-B77C-D5410C755578.jpeg
    172 KB · Views: 154
I was about to immediately sign up, then I thought about it. If I trade my car, I wont get refunded the difference. It will simply be prepaid for the next owner.

Guess I'll stick to the $9.99 monthly.
Yes. Monthly should be the option for anyone who is thinking about selling their car in the next year. And I'm assuming if you move back to monthly that it'll start at the end of your first prepaid year.

Thanks for posting this! I dont read reddit (or twitter, etc) but normally someone will bring the important stuff here (lol).

I have been waiting for this for a while, as I much prefer paying yearly for this type of thing. I had a little difficulty finding where to do this in the tesla app. For anyone poking around at this like I was, for a few minutes, to change their setting to annually for premium connectivity, try this.

(Tesla app version these steps done on = 4.6.0 -885)

1. Open Tesla app
2. Tap UPGRADES
3. Tap MANAGE (next to gear icon)
4. Ensure ACTIVE tab is selected, then Tap PREMIUM CONNECTIVITY
5. If presented with a billing address screen at this point, verify your billing address and tap SAVE (I got stuck here for a minute. You wont see billing options until you confirm your billing address if this screen presents itself)
6. Tap to switch to the Annual Plan, and then click SUBSCRIBE on the resultant screen

See notice that the annual subscription will begin when your current monthly subscription expires (for me, thats March 4th).

Really appreciate you bringing this information here, @Undisclosed , thanks for sharing!
I’m on FSD 10.10.2, and when I follow the sequence you describe above to switch to Annual Premium Connectivity, I don’t receive the option to Switch to Annual. When I tab on “Active,” I’m taken to Premium Connectivity for $99 a year, and it says “Switch to Monthly Plan“ below it. I tap on my address, but Save is grayed out. So I change a number or letter, then change it back, and “Save” is active, and I tap on it. Then it returns to Premium Connectivity unchanged from the first time I was there. It says “Switch to Monthly,” and it says “Cancel Subscription” at the bottom of my iPhone. If I hit the back arrow I’m back to the screen that says Premium Connectivity Renews on Feb 26, 2022.
If I check the Software Tab in my car it doesn’t show that I have moved to “Annual” or any way to change to Annual…it just describes what Premium Connectivity is. On Twitter I’ve seen a screen in the car that say “Swipe to Subscribe” on the car’s screen. Am I doing something wrong, or has it not been offered to me yet? I find it funny that the Tesla App shows that Annual Connectivity exists, but doesn’t present me an offer to “Switch to Annual” like I’ve seen people post on Twitter. Thanks for any help you can provide!

I’m on FSD 10.10.2, and when I follow the sequence you describe above to switch to Annual Premium Connectivity, I don’t receive the option to Switch to Annual. When I tab on “Active,” I’m taken to Premium Connectivity for $99 a year, and it says “Switch to Monthly Plan“ below it. I tap on my address, but Save is grayed out. So I change a number or letter, then change it back, and “Save” is active, and I tap on it. Then it returns to Premium Connectivity unchanged from the first time I was there. It says “Switch to Monthly,” and it says “Cancel Subscription” at the bottom of my iPhone. If I hit the back arrow I’m back to the screen that says Premium Connectivity Renews on Feb 26, 2022.
If I check the Software Tab in my car it doesn’t show that I have moved to “Annual” or any way to change to Annual…it just describes what Premium Connectivity is. On Twitter I’ve seen a screen in the car that say “Swipe to Subscribe” on the car’s screen. Am I doing something wrong, or has it not been offered to me yet? I find it funny that the Tesla App shows that Annual Connectivity exists, but doesn’t present me an offer to “Switch to Annual” like I’ve seen people post on Twitter. Thanks for any help you can provide!

If it says "switch to monthly" that should mean that you are on the annual plan. if I were facing what you are facing, I would tap to swap it to monthly, then swap it back to annual.

I don't see the Billing Options. I tried updating the address, but still no go. Any ideas?
That's not where I found it -- I'm still on the free preview. I had to "manage" and when it listed the free connectivity, I had to hit the blue "subscribe" below it -- then I was given a choice. Trying it any other way just gave me the $9.99/month plan. Really crappy app for a "software company."

If it says "switch to monthly" that should mean that you are on the annual plan. if I were facing what you are facing, I would tap to swap it to monthly, then swap it back to annual.
Thanks so much for your help! I did what you said, and tapped on "Switch to Monthly Plan." Then I tapped on "Switch to Annual Plan." The "Switch to "Annual Plan" was never offered to me on my iPhone originally...It just showed up. Now that I've seen it, and officially "Switched to Annual Plan," it should be set up correctly. Not sure why I was never offered the "Switch to Annual Plan?" I'll know on the 28th coming up whether it worked or not...Thanks again...John

Nice! Confirmed in app:

View attachment 772893
I'm not currently subscribed to premium connectivity. When I check the app I only see the $9.99/monthly option with my billing information and a Subscribe button at the bottom. I don't want to pay $10 to sign up for the monthly plan before switching to annual. Is that Subscribe button the final step to signing up or does this selection screen show up next?

I'm not currently subscribed to premium connectivity. When I check the app I only see the $9.99/monthly option with my billing information and a Subscribe button at the bottom. I don't want to pay $10 to sign up for the monthly plan before switching to annual. Is that Subscribe button the final step to signing up or does this selection screen show up next?
Click subscribe. Then you can choose the term. Regardless it only places it in your "cart". No purchases until you check out.

Reactions: EvanVanVan
Would have been nice if Tesla would have sent a message it was available. Especially as my monthly just reviewed a few days ago. So I have to wait till it ends before it switches. As there is no prorated option. But it at least allowed me to switch in advance so it’s automatic at least.