Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Connectivity Yearly Plan $99

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the Premium Connectivity. I picked up my car My 4, 2021 so have it free for year.
Does Tesla send you an email or notify you that your year is coming to an end and you have options?
I got an e-mail from Tesla to let me know that my complementary trial period had expired, about 1-2 days after my 1 year anniversary. Whether or not they still do that, no idea. I bought June 2020, got the e-mail June 2021.

I dont think I would do that, if only because I would want "someone else" to do it first, to ensure it didnt automatically remove my 1 year of premium connectivity. I can confirm that the system correctly states it will start billing after the end of the current monthly subscription date, but I have no idea how tesla handles the "free 1 year trial" in this regard.

TL ; DR .. I wouldnt do it myself until someone else confirms that it works to extend after the end date, otherwise you will be in for a world of hurt trying to get your free connectivity back.
I did it. It doesn’t remove your free year. It simply starts your annual subscription the day after your free year ends. Same goes for your monthly plan, it won’t charge you the annual price until your current month is used up. 👍🏻

Reactions: WhiteWi
I did it. It doesn’t remove your free year. It simply starts your annual subscription the day after your free year ends. Same goes for your monthly plan, it won’t charge you the annual price until your current month is used up. 👍🏻

Yeah It worked for me that way too. I waited for others to report that it did that, then tried it about 5 days from the end of my monthly subscription. I did it that way so that, in case it didnt work, I would only be out 5 days.

Reactions: pcmike
Does anyone know if it is transferrable to a new car? Ex: if in 10 months we trade in for CT would the remaining 2 months be able to be transferred or do we just lose out?

I’m assuming it’s the latter as they don’t offer prorated refunds. I read through the Terms and Conditions but didn’t see anything.

Does anyone know if it is transferrable to a new car? Ex: if in 10 months we trade in for CT would the remaining 2 months be able to be transferred or do we just lose out?

I’m assuming it’s the latter as they don’t offer prorated refunds. I read through the Terms and Conditions but didn’t see anything.
It’s not transferable or refundable or proratable. I lost 6mo or so when I sold my last car. Customer service told me over the phone they have no tools available to them to transfer it.