Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Press-to-hold brakes won't engage after 2019.28.1.3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As per the title, I can't get the brakes to hold the car any more at traffic lights or hills. I rebooted (2 steering wheel buttons + brake) but that didn't resolve it.

It may be purely co-incidental with the software update, but my car started doing that on the next drive after the update. Has any one else observed this in their cars?

Edit: LR RWD

Creep is off for me. I've asked around and most people are *not* reporting issues with the latest update, so it could just be my car. I've been told to try turning creep on and back off again to see if the problem resolves.

Looks like I made a dyslexic error in the title, I'm 2019.28.3.1 not 1.3

Attachments

• Tesla-updates.png
    Tesla-updates.png
    24.5 KB · Views: 47
Creep is off for me. I've asked around and most people are *not* reporting issues with the latest update, so it could just be my car. I've been told to try turning creep on and back off again to see if the problem resolves.

Looks like I made a dyslexic error in the title, I'm 2019.28.3.1 not 1.3

I noticed a similar thread on forums.tesla.com last night. (unless that was also you).

@Apprunner I did when I first noticed the issues. It did not resolve the issue at the time. I also tried putting the car into park and shifting out of it.

@JasonR67 Yeah that was me as well.

Brake hold started working suddenly when I left work yesterday. Based on what I've read elsewhere, it seems this is just a transient problem that resolves its self over time.

I suspect that the problem is not a bug in the actual update, but rather something in the process of the update gets reset and does not initialize correctly. Next time that system gets initialized it works.