Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pressure wash model3 at home?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
specific details would really help! :)
Sorry. I'm out of town right now so I can only go from memory. I bought the pressure washer from Costco a few years ago. It's an electric & it came with three tips, a straight stream penetrating nozzle that I never use, a medium fan tip (maybe 25-30 degrees), and a chemical tip. I generally rinse the car off with the medium tip and then put on the chemical tip to apply car wash soap/shampoo from the reservoir. I then wipe down the car with a mitt, rinse with the medium tip and then dry with a synthetic chamois. I don't get too close with the medium tip and I try to spray at an angle rather than straight on.

It works for me but I'm not entering any car shows.

• Helpful
Reactions: SlicedBr3ad
Pressure wash your auto? Are you guys @#$%ing nuts?

What do you think even a 1200 PSI washer does to the grit and dirt sitting on the paint before it "washes off"? It pushes it into the paint. Can you say swirl marks?

What do you think happens when you run that towel across the paint? All that dirt doesn't magically disappear because there are suds and a soft towel.

I've been watching a bunch of videos on car detailing the past week, and my favorite is this guy:

Dallas Paint Correction & Auto Detailing

• Helpful
Reactions: SlicedBr3ad