Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Prevent car remembering climate settings?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After six years it's really beginning to get on my nerves that my Model X seems to remember/make up a climate setting whenever you unlock it. We often leave the car parked with the doors open (working on a barn conversion, get there and need to get tools in and out of the car). It's a bit daft when you open a door, leave it open, come back an hour later and find the chuffing climate control decided to put itself on at 26 degrees in a heatwave, presumably because at some point in the winter the wife had set the heating on.

Is there any way to stop this?

i have opposite problem...
whenever i start new day, it sets fan speed to 1, i'd love for it to remember that i like it on 3.. it does remember temp

i've noticed that if u shut off climate with right scroll, it stays off regardless of door opening/closing

After six years it's really beginning to get on my nerves that my Model X seems to remember/make up a climate setting whenever you unlock it. We often leave the car parked with the doors open (working on a barn conversion, get there and need to get tools in and out of the car). It's a bit daft when you open a door, leave it open, come back an hour later and find the chuffing climate control decided to put itself on at 26 degrees in a heatwave, presumably because at some point in the winter the wife had set the heating on.

Is there any way to stop this?
Something sounds wrong. My MX turns climate exactly where I left it previously. No matter how long it has been since I was in it.

• Informative
Reactions: DeejUK
It may not help you but last year I recall a period where my car seemed to revert to a previous heater setting whenever I used it.

The solution I found was to move the seat a fraction, hit save and then move it back by the same amount, saving again. This usually stopped it happening for a time & then permanently after a future software update (trying car resets didn't help).

• Helpful
Reactions: DeejUK