Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price Difference?? Web Vs. Elon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Site says 49k for 310 mile version, however Elon and slide shown during keynote said 44k ... What am I missing here? That's a big difference
Screenshot_20170729-024737.png
20170728_211637.jpg

If I choose the $49,000 option, can upgrade to Autopilot and self-driving at a later date? Or, do I need to order those features when I first order?

I would think those options are a software upgrade and should be able to be activated after the purchase since the hardware is already integrated into the vehicle. The question I have is would these options be offered at a lower price point in future builds?

The question I have is would these options be offered at a lower price point in future builds?

They can't lower the price later without making previous buyers mad. So no.

Prior to yesterday some argued that $8K was too high for autopilot and full self drive in a $35K car. But it has to be $8K because it is the same tech as in the S/X.

Tesla can't lower the price and be fair to early adopters who trusted Tesla and paid them money for incomplete software. If Tesla could get to higher autopilot features significantly ahead of competitors they would more likely raise the price, not lower it.