Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price Increase in September?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes. One of those.

Also, it will either be in September, earlier, or later.

And it will have the rumored features, or more, or less.

Sorry, but nobody knows. Tesla is both tight-lipped and - even when something valid leaks - subject to rapidly changing plans. They are also subject to much speculation from supporters and detractors alike. Some rumors have proven true, but many have not.

Last edited:
If they raise the price, either 1) it should be totally worth it for what they deliver, or 2) the Y will eat the X for lunch.

So far it seems like the S and X have gotten way cheaper. I can’t see them really cranking the price back up near 140k again. Especially if they’re unifying interior features to a greater degree than before, which should be more economical. As I say, if they did, it would have to really be worth it. +75 miles sounds great, but not that great. At some point you have to figure people would buy two iPaces instead.

The X has always been a great car. Project Raven made it significantly better. *If* a refresh appears in September, it may or may not make the car much better.

But you'll certainly have waited several more months not driving this great car while you waited to see what came next.

Reactions: Bacalao
I’m currently waiting for delivery of a model X performance, and thinking about canceling and waiting for the rumored September interior refresh. Will the price go up, down, stay the same?
My take is that refresh will take the prices higher - once again into 140+ territory because there will be some real game changing features which will be industry's first.

Based on Elon's interview - Tesla has worked really hard to build innovative features in S/X like self presenting door etc. Once the 3/Y are out serving the entry/mid level Sedan/Cross market - they will need to keep S/X compelling enough to make premium segment buyers pay almost double the price.