Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Whatever happened to the front bumper camera and ambient lighting?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's been coming "any day now" for months now. Anyone hear the latest rumors? The bumper camera is the one thing I miss on my X from my last car, and I have an X order on hold waiting for the bumper camera to be released (only for 2 weeks, then I have to cancel/reorder, but I'd rather do that, than take delivery of a new $100k car and miss out on that feature like a week later)

It's seems like there were too many sources saying it was happening to be completely made up.

Reactions: RNHurt
It's been coming "any day now" for months now. Anyone hear the latest rumors? The bumper camera is the one thing I miss on my X from my last car, and I have an X order on hold waiting for the bumper camera to be released (only for 2 weeks, then I have to cancel/reorder, but I'd rather do that, than take delivery of a new $100k car and miss out on that feature like a week later)

It's seems like there were too many sources saying it was happening to be completely made up.
Only hope is that the new hardware (HW4) has support for the extra camera like is used on the Cybertruck. I've not heard anything about any other Tesla tho.

If they are coming, I would imagine they would do them at the beginning of next quarter? Doesn't seem to make sense to retool the line while they are trying to pump out orders for end of quarter. S/X don't have as many lines as the 3/Y so I have to imagine it is harder to re-tool.

You're in a major city. I am more than 100% sure you can find someone to professionally install Ambient lighting for no more than $1000 and it'll have more features than a standard ambient light install from Tesla anyway. As for the front bumper camera it's def not coming in 2 weeks. If you're gonna cancel/reorder over and over just for the camera that's a bad idea IMO lol You'll waste a ton of time doing that.

Reactions: NJturtlePower
1709251793289.png

Reactions: Jayskywalker21

Yeah, if Tesla hadn't lied about the lifetime supercharging transfer ending Dec. 31st, I would have waited as the front bumper camera was the main thing I was looking for in the upgrade.

Reactions: NJturtlePower