Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Whatever happened to the front bumper camera and ambient lighting?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm supposed to take delivery of Model S between March 18 - 25. Think I will be getting these new lights and camera? Or was my car probably made in February?
I have the same EDD (for my X) and was told its build date was 3/1.

Frankly I’m glad to be getting the car that was made per my order (not a reject) with FUSC and FSD transfers to boot. Was offered a reject in December and could not shake it (put my order on hold and got the same car after releasing my hold) and had to cancel the order. 3 months later, I get FSD transfer added with the POs federal incentive in place. More than good enough for me.

Reactions: mtiede
It's been coming "any day now" for months now. Anyone hear the latest rumors? The bumper camera is the one thing I miss on my X from my last car, and I have an X order on hold waiting for the bumper camera to be released (only for 2 weeks, then I have to cancel/reorder, but I'd rather do that, than take delivery of a new $100k car and miss out on that feature like a week later)

It's seems like there were too many sources saying it was happening to be completely made up.

And massaging seats?

There was no rumor of this. Someone else asked about this and you were the original source they cited.

Nothing on the internet, from Teslascope, or anywhere else I could find.

Do you have a link for this?
335.jpg

You cited @Tiger for the massaging seats rumor. It doesn't appear to have any substance, but if they have some sort of source fueling their belief that it may be coming, don't you think it would be beneficial?

Teslascope, Green, or other sources that have fueled the bumper camera and ambient lights haven't mentioned anything about massaging seats.

You cited @Tiger for the massaging seats rumor. It doesn't appear to have any substance, but if they have some sort of source fueling their belief that it may be coming, don't you think it would be beneficial?

Teslascope, Green, or other sources that have fueled the bumper camera and ambient lights haven't mentioned anything about massaging seats.

Yeah, they have some embargo going on ;)

Tesla has mentioned recently, that they are still having supply chain issues. This means that a predicted upgrade might not be possible till they actually get in the new parts and can validate their quality and effectiveness.

Tesla has a policy of continous improvements, so this, of course will often see a hoped for improvement not be coming in any individual car. People want to wait till all the new goodies are included, but this is an imperfect strategy.

At some point, a buyer needs to accept the configuration that is available at the time and accept delivery.

Millions of Tesla owners are happy with their cars, even though they may not have colorful ambient lighting nor a bumper camera.

FOMO is strong in the Tesla community.

I think it's just a forgone conclusion, what other changes to distinguish from Highland? Range drop?
Range, speed, luxuries like the screen behind the wheel, size, air suspension, charging speed, falcon wing doors on the MX, etc.

Assuming that massaging seats are coming is a huge leap, especially considering how few vehicles have them globally.

You made this assumption on wish list from a single poster on a message board.

Range, speed, luxuries like the screen behind the wheel, size, air suspension, charging speed, falcon wing doors on the MX, etc.

Assuming that massaging seats are coming is a huge leap, especially considering how few vehicles have them globally.

You made this assumption on wish list from a single poster on a message board.
I don’t think massaging seats jive with Tesla’s sensibility. Even if they could do it, they would not.

I don’t think massaging seats jive with Tesla’s sensibility. Even if they could do it, they would not.
Without even making that assumption, there's no substance to believing they are imminent. Nothing leaked, no new parts catalog, no even hint that's what Tesla is planning on something like that unlike the ambient lights and bumper camera.

It was just odd seeing people expecting. not hoping for, massaging seats. In the end, it's just a wish list like Car Play/Android Auto, which we know aren't coming, yet many still ask with each update.

Reactions: ChiefRollo
All Tesla's EV competitors have massaging seats in S/X size class and have better build quality. They need to do something.
"All"?

What EV under $100k has them? Ford ditched them in the Platinum (a truck, I know). Rivian doesn't.

Many manufacturers offer them as upgrades. They are an upgrade on Porsche, Audi, Mercedes, and Lucid that take the car over $100k.

Again, you wanting them is different than Tesla planning to implement them.

"All"?

What EV under $100k has them? Ford ditched them in the Platinum (a truck, I know). Rivian doesn't.

Many manufacturers offer them as upgrades. They are an upgrade on Porsche, Audi, Mercedes, and Lucid that take the car over $100k.

Again, you wanting them is different than Tesla planning to implement them.
Also massage seats, in my experience from owning BMW and Mercedes are worthless IMHO Almost almost as much of a waste of time as noise canceling :)