Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Whatever happened to the front bumper camera and ambient lighting?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the same EDD (for my X) and was told its build date was 3/1.

Frankly I’m glad to be getting the car that was made per my order (not a reject) with FUSC and FSD transfers to boot. Was offered a reject in December and could not shake it (put my order on hold and got the same car after releasing my hold) and had to cancel the order. 3 months later, I get FSD transfer added with the POs federal incentive in place. More than good enough for me.
Who told you when it was built? Or is there a way to find out online?

Who told you when it was built? Or is there a way to find out online?
The second SA I got (randomly) on the phone gave me the information. The 1st claimed she couldn’t determine; I out of curiosity checked with the 3rd as I had a different question to ask her and she gave the same answer as the first which confirmed to me they have been trained to not provide the date out of fear that the VIN would be rejected if the build date was not March.

It's still possible it's a future planned update, but at least the rumors of it being a March release seem to be false given no news about anyone getting these features.
Yeah, another reason to never trust those guys lying on the web, such as Teslascope, claiming they know things before everyone. This is a solid reason that their reputation is going down the drain.
They claimed that starting March 1st all Tesla S and X are getting the ambient lighting and Front camera.

Yeah, another reason to never trust those guys lying on the web, such as Teslascope, claiming they know things before everyone. This is a solid reason that their reputation is going down the drain.
They claimed that starting March 1st all Tesla S and X are getting the ambient lighting and Front camera.
Almost as bad as the "my Tesla Service Advisor or Tech said...." reports. 😆

I'm pretty sure this was someone trying to get people to delay deliveries and tank Tesla's numbers. Must be someone who has a short position on TSLA stock, and if so, it def worked.
Highly unlikely.

Model S/X average only about 15-25k units COMBINED per quarter, for years now. On par with Q1 this year.

There is a lot of 3/Y’s sitting yet to be delivered.

Attachments

• IMG_0879.png
    IMG_0879.png
    500.7 KB · Views: 22