Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price increase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting that the yoke is now $250. I wonder if that’s because Tesla is trying to discourage people from ordering the yoke so they can phase it out, or because most people are still choosing the yoke so Tesla can make more money from it.

Interesting thought but I don;'t think $250 on a $90k+ car is really enough to sway people one way or the other. I imagine it's more the latter i.e., getting another $250 fro,m people choosing the yoke.

Interesting thought but I don;'t think $250 on a $90k+ car is really enough to sway people one way or the other. I imagine it's more the latter i.e., getting another $250 fro,m people choosing the yoke.

With an operating margin of 19.7 percent reported last quarter, this little up charge will push them past the analyst expectations.

It's all about the share price.

Reactions: AMPd
Shockingly, another price HIKE on the S. Definitely confusing considering they're making way more than they are selling...

they are offering a promotional 4% finance rate so if you look into it it's actually a price decrease for people that finance. I just picked up my S last week and my rate was 5.5%. A 1.5% discount on a $100k car after taxes and fees saves you over $4,000 in interest.

I think they realized the price decreases aren't getting people to buy and it's making people wait for more price decreases, so they have to do other things like scare them with price increases while giving benefits more than the increase like free charging and special financing.

Last edited:
they are offering a promotional 4% finance rate so if you look into it it's actually a price decrease for people that finance. I just picked up my S last week and my rate was 5.5%. A 1.5% discount on a $100k car after taxes and fees saves you over $4,000 in interest.

I think they realized the price decreases aren't getting people to buy and it's making people wait for more price decreases, so they have to do other things like scare them with price increases while giving benefits more than the increase like free charging and special financing.
Is there any way for you to get the 3.99 rates like refinancing. I ask because I I’m in the same boat and tr?ing to figure it out.

I predict a blowout desperation sale at the end of next month. Maybe all these promotions still valid (june 30th end date) and a $5k decrease.

A sudden surge of "demos" that are discounted heavily. All this price/incentive trickery is an attempt to prop up the share price. Not sure why they're doing it with the S/X when they're such low volumes compared to the 3/Y.
Would seem way smarter to price them way more competitively and actually sell the ones they're making...

Potential interest saving. I typically pay my cars off in 1-2 years, so not much interest accrual for me