Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price increase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here we go again. The 12th price adjustment in 2023. Notice that the interest rate decrease on the S/X somewhat offsets the price increase of $1,000 for those seeking Tesla financing. However, newly placed orders for the Model Y (all variants) are met with a modest increase of $250 but without any interest rate promotion.

Last edited:
Reactions: zoomer0056
Preview pics have been all over the websites. Supposed to launch in June. Of course they are discounting current 3

That may explain the M3 discounts but Tesla is also discounting models that aren't due for a major refresh soon. As has been discussed, the starting price of a new MS has gone from $106,440 at the beginning of the year to as little as $85,380 (including destination and order fees) today plus you can get three years of FUSC.

Reactions: Maaz
Model S inventory discount is 7500 now
IMG_1922.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: zoomer0056
I saw a "Demo" MS LR with about a 9k discount. The race to the bottom is in full swing it seems. Maybe if they had launched the refresh with a wheel, their might have been more takers and a lot more positive buzz on the streets.

I did have a neighbor come up an ask me about parking sensors. Apparently he heard the new ones don't have that already and was a major turn off for him. I wasn't about to lie and say the POS SW implementation to try and half ass make up for the removal of USS was a great solution. I took him for a ride in my car and suggested he go drive a demo car and also check some YouTube vids before buying.

Reactions: StevenSD
I saw a "Demo" MS LR with about a 9k discount. The race to the bottom is in full swing it seems. Maybe if they had launched the refresh with a wheel, their might have been more takers and a lot more positive buzz on the streets.

I did have a neighbor come up an ask me about parking sensors. Apparently he heard the new ones don't have that already and was a major turn off for him. I wasn't about to lie and say the POS SW implementation to try and half ass make up for the removal of USS was a great solution. I took him for a ride in my car and suggested he go drive a demo car and also check some YouTube vids before buying.

The Tesla Vision park assist does indeed suck

Inventory in SoCal is like 20, down from 45-55 which have been the case for the last few weeks.

There may not be such a thing as a '25 MS or MX.
There will be if Tesla prices the vehicle accordingly or improves the quality.

90k for a model s is just too much when the model y is nearly half that for not much worse of a car in my opinion.

I'm considering an inventory Model S. However according to https://www.ev-cpo.com, almost all the inventory in my area are still on HW3. Is this a mistake? I thought they switch to HW4 back in March/April.

I would not worry about having HW4. I think it will be a repeat of HW2.5, in other words, no big deal.

Lighter glass roof would be desireable however.

I would not worry about having HW4. I think it will be a repeat of HW2.5, in other words, no big deal.

Lighter glass roof would be desireable however.
Not really comparable. HW2.5 were different cameras only. HW4 is didferent cameras and different FSD computer, with no clear upgrade path.

Also HW2.5 wasn’t a great experience - HW2 owners had to wait for a camera retrofit to use FSD beta.

I have a HW3 car and I agree it’s not an issue now, but if you’re buying a new S it’s not clear to me why you wouldn’t look for one with HW4.