Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price just dropped for FSD in my account to $2600 from $4000

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a same question. I want both AP and FSD, but don't really want FSD right now as it doesn't really exist.
Enhanced Autopilot doesn't exist anymore, it's now Autopilot (TACC & Autosteer) which is only good for highway *single lane* travel. The "Enhanced" features, aka auto lane changing, Navigate on AP, Autopark, Summon, etc., are now part of FSD (which costs more now). However, FSD now has EXISTING features that are improving...

I need to see Tesla FSD navigate the rough and dangerous drivers of Brampton ON for 60-90 days without getting into an accident before I drop any more money behind my Model S.

I doubt the car will last a week LMAO !!!!
Full Self Driving is NOT autonomous driving, you still need to pay attention and take over control as needed. On the autonomous scale, Tesla is achieving L2 with the goal of going to L3/L4. L5 is still a ways off in both tech and law, but it is achievable.

Level 2 ("hands off"): The automated system takes full control of the vehicle (accelerating, braking, and steering). The driver must monitor the driving and be prepared to intervene immediately at any time if the automated system fails to respond properly. The shorthand "hands off" is not meant to be taken literally. In fact, contact between hand and wheel is often mandatory during SAE 2 driving, to confirm that the driver is ready to intervene. - Self-driving car - Wikipedia

Reactions: rajin929
For real...if FSD can navigate the 404, 400, and the gauntlet 401 without an incident, I am 100% sold.

Word brother.

Full Self Driving is NOT autonomous driving, you still need to pay attention and take over control as needed. On the autonomous scale, Tesla is achieving L2 with the goal of going to L3/L4. L5 is still a ways off in both tech and law, but it is achievable.

Meh, I'll keep my cash in my pocket. I enjoy driving, not sitting back paying attention for *sugar* to happen then intervene
not sold on these toys yet, but peeps are dropping thousands of dollars like it's nothing - to each their own, it's the participants that help the technology to advance

Reactions: akidesir
For real...if FSD can navigate the 404, 400, and the gauntlet 401 without an incident, I am 100% sold.

EAP as is now does 401 in RUSH hour traffic without issue :D, many a meals have been enjoyed while listen to news, podcasts, music *Knock on wood* the cops don't see me doing it.

NoA needs work in it's current incarnation - it will make the last minute lane changes if you ignore it which I find alarming (like enter/exiting express or to a off ramp lane).

Also the random hard brakes are annoying - this has to do with the Geotagging of stretches of highway that's under construction (suspect that GPS location is tagged as a local 60.. limit is 70 max under EAP/NoA. The stretch between Hurontario and Mississauga Rd is such. Just have to be prepared to take over.

The 5K for EAP has paid it self off for me, much better than crashing the car because I'm tired in the morning or evening (also saved money on: on the go coffees).

Got my Model 3 LR RWD June 5th, 2018. Really wanted EAP but at $6,600 was just to much at once, so I assumed that I'll get it later for $7,900 afterwards (that's EAP). The FSD at the time was $4,000 before delivery and $5,300 after so it'll cost me $13,200 to upgrade afterwards.

Fast forward to before March 5th and the price was $5,300 for only AP (Autosteer & TACC, SINGLE LANE only). FSD now has all the "self driving" features to the tune of $9,200. This totals $14,500 for after delivery so no go. However, saw the Tesla blog post that it'll be offered for half so I waited nervously. I was surprised that both AP & FSD were offered for $6,600; so I pulled the trigger. Now waiting for my car to update (3 days).

If you take into account the price drop from $64,100 to $58,400 ($5,700 difference) and add $6,600 upgrade, that equals $12,300. That's $2,200 cheaper than if you buy a M3 LR RWD now and upgrade AP/FSD later. It's a good deal.

My Calculation:

1/ If I am buying the exact car today, that is Blue LR RWD with Premium Interior plus AP and FSR. The total is $71,000. With 13 % tax, that comes to $80230 with AP and FSP.
2/ Before Jan 1, 2019, the amount is $76,000 (includes licensing, plate or whatever, small amount) including tax but without AP and FSP. Fast forward to today, I will pay additional $6600 + tax. Total amount is $83458. That is about $3000 more than today's price.

However, let's not forget the 9 months free supercharging I get; the $1400 gas saving. Oh, the killer is $14,000 Rebate from Ontario. The best part is the fun of driving this car for last 3 months. So I'm still at least $10000 ahead just taking the rebate into account.

Mind you, I won't even consider AP and FSP before, it was way too expensive.

Reactions: akidesir
Took delivery last June for LR without EAP/FSD and purchased AP yesterday ($2600 CAD + tax).

Says it will take 2-3 days to upload over the air. I'm still on 2018.50.6 so hopefully it get updated to latest firmware as well.

Has anyone that ordered AP or FSD yesterday has had it activated yet?

Took delivery last June for LR without EAP/FSD and purchased AP yesterday ($2600 CAD + tax).

Says it will take 2-3 days to upload over the air. I'm still on 2018.50.6 so hopefully it get updated to latest firmware as well.

Has anyone that ordered AP or FSD yesterday has had it activated yet?

FSD is vaporware at this point :), most bought it for the HW3 promised upgrade to improve current functionality and future proof their cars.

Reactions: Vawlkus
FSD is vaporware at this point :), most bought it for the HW3 promised upgrade to improve current functionality and future proof their cars.

I kind of agree. I don't really care about NOA, they are not that reliable at the current version. However, the Autopilot is actually great and I will just go ahead with that.

Do I want FSP, sure, but not at the current version. The price may go up, but it may go down. Who knows, Tesla may offer AP for free when March 15 comes along (with the Model Y Lauch).

I don't think I will loss any sleep if FSP goes up in Price. It's nice to have

Reactions: rajin929
I'm hoping for the same thing too as my X was built pre August 2017 (AP 2.0)which does not get dashcam and sentry mode. I can't seem to find any official info regarding whether or not buying the FSD will enable those extra perks for AP 2.0 folks.
It does by way of the hardware upgrade you get for free by having FSD. The current hardware isn’t quite powerful enough, but there’s a plug n play upgrade coming that will be more powerful than AP2.5.
Elon has tweeted in the past that owners of FSD will get that upgrade for free, while those without FSD would be able to purchase it.