Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Probably a dumb question...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve ordered my car, paid the $2500, waiting on VIN and delivery details. Online pricing has all been adjusted and I’m happy. But now on my Buyers Agreement there is a $2040 “price adjustment “, which is nice. But I don’t see the $2500 initial payment reflected...

My question- does the $2500 initial payment go towards the purchase price? I’m pretty sure it does and this is a dumb question, but I’m just curious because it’s not reflected anywhere...yet I hope.

And if it is added to the bill due upon settlement, then I wonder what the $2040 price adjustment is...???

My question- does the $2500 initial payment go towards the purchase price? ...

Yes.

When you configured your car, you should get:

"Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement Vehicle Configuration"

That lists all different costs of your car and all the money you gave Tesla.

It should be in your web page and your e-mail.

Price adjustment should not alter all the money you gave to Tesla.

If you gave Tesla $2,500 + $1,000. Those will reflect as much and never change even with Price Adjustment.

• Helpful
Reactions: Dre78
Yes.

When you configured your car, you should get:

"Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement Vehicle Configuration"

That lists all different costs of your car and all the money you gave Tesla.

It should be in your web page and your e-mail.

Price adjustment should not alter all the money you gave to Tesla.

If you gave Tesla $2,500 + $1,000. Those will reflect as much and never change even with Price Adjustment.

Thank you for the info!

I talked to Tesla several times today, both customer 888 number and my delivery coordinator in Atlanta. And folks, have to tell you none of this is inspiring any confidence. The 888 person told me not to sweat any of the details until I get a VIN. Fair enough and good advice. Then the delivery coordinator calls and says that they should have a car for me within a week. They just need to find one in Georgia. What??? Have they produced new performance models for the US AND shipped them to Georgia? Well, maybe. But then she calls back and says that they are having difficulty finding my car because Tesla has discontinued my paint color. That’s very interesting because just today I configured a Model 3 using my exact specs including Midnight Silver (just to check pricing). The very nice lady says “oh, you want Midnght Silver, we’ve been looking for metallic silver, we thought that’s what you wanted...”. And of course there is none to be found.

Typical Tesla story I’m sad to say. No idea when I will get a VIN or if it will be a 2019 as I’ve specified. But no worries, I’m really not in a hurry...as long as it’s before June 30.

I talked to Tesla several times today, both customer 888 number and my delivery coordinator in Atlanta. And folks, have to tell you none of this is inspiring any confidence. The 888 person told me not to sweat any of the details until I get a VIN. Fair enough and good advice. Then the delivery coordinator calls and says that they should have a car for me within a week. They just need to find one in Georgia. What??? Have they produced new performance models for the US AND shipped them to Georgia? Well, maybe. But then she calls back and says that they are having difficulty finding my car because Tesla has discontinued my paint color. That’s very interesting because just today I configured a Model 3 using my exact specs including Midnight Silver (just to check pricing). The very nice lady says “oh, you want Midnght Silver, we’ve been looking for metallic silver, we thought that’s what you wanted...”. And of course there is none to be found.

Typical Tesla story I’m sad to say. No idea when I will get a VIN or if it will be a 2019 as I’ve specified. But no worries, I’m really not in a hurry...as long as it’s before June 30.
Finding one in GA probably means they’re looking for one that was built in 2018. I ordered online expecting a 2019 VIN. Took delivery Friday of a 2018 car built in ...wait for it.. July. Didn’t want to risk my trade going down waiting for a 2019. But taking essentially a 5K hit on the resale value kinda makes my point moot. I’ve read that much of the 1st quarter production was for overseas delivery. Tesla really should go to a model year format to help customers with resale value. I’m happy to be driving now, and the resale value will be less of an issue the longer I keep the car. Good luck on getting your car. You’ll love it.
Cheers