Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Problem with Hansshow Support

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did a fairly comprehensive review on the TeslaOffer vs Hansshow product and was initially ready to buy Hansshow since they are a bit cheaper. But after thorough research I found that the TeslaOffer seemed like a superior product. Not to mention that many people post Hansshow product problems and they respond defensively and encourage complaints to be taken offline.

I have both TeslaOffer frunk and trunk and they have been rock solid reliable. The owners of TeslaOffer provide fast and reliable service and they are true Tesla enthusiasts who own Teslas. I absolutely agree with the title of this thread.

With respect to accessing the frunk if stuck, I believe you can get to it through the fender liner rather than removing front bumper. I've never had to do this but TeslaOffer has a solution for this.

(moderator note: thanks for the reasonable feedback, have decided the thread stays here and doesnt get combined anywhere for the reasons mentioned)

(moderator note)

Since I decided to leave the thread here, I also decided to edit the somewhat inflammatory thread title. the previous thread title was "dont buy hansshow". The OPs issue is about hansshow support so I edited the thread title to reflect that. Also as a FYI for anyone following along, I also received feedback that the thread should be combined into one of the other hanshow threads, so this wasnt unanimous to leave it here.

(end moderator note)
===============================

(personal opinion only, not moderation content)

On a personal note, I am not surprised by the OPs experience in the slightest, given the length of the various "hansshow" threads on these boards. It has always appeared to me that the end users were supporting themselves, figuring out install issues. So I dont find this surprising in the slightest.

I have no "skin in the game" at all, because I dont have ( and wont be purchasing) any of these powered options even though I like the idea, because I would prefer a factory option. Since thats not available, and I dont want to deal with the inevitable issues these things tend to introduce, its not for me, but I understand many people are into this stuff.

Oh, man. I received the Hansshow version for my MY for Christmas and was just about ready to install it. The version I have is labeled A.4.3.776 (C-V2). Anyone know if they resolved the issues with this version?
I installed version A.4.3.744(c) just before I saw this thread. It is working so far for me but the OP had his working for 11 months before he had problems if I remember right. I decided I will just take the risk and if I have to pay Tesla later to break into my frunk so be it.

Oh, and the first curbside place I went to after installing; the woman who put the food in my frunk pulled down to shut it before I could even yell out noooooooooooo! So I learned I need to still explicitly tell them I will close it.

Reactions: HeyEph
I installed version A.4.3.744(c) just before I saw this thread. It is working so far for me but the OP had his working for 11 months before he had problems if I remember right. I decided I will just take the risk and if I have to pay Tesla later to break into my frunk so be it.

Oh, and the first curbside place I went to after installing; the woman who put the food in my frunk pulled down to shut it before I could even yell out noooooooooooo! So I learned I need to still explicitly tell them I will close it.
I was lucky enough to stop someone from doing the same thing just as they reached. Now, like yourself, I make sure to tell them in advance. Doesn't seem to be any harm done by manually pulling down though other than maybe needing a reset of the system.

The invoice I posted said they took off the bumper and hood. I don’t know how they got to it, and the service advisor said they were scratching their heads over it - took three days. They tore up the plastic latch cover. It was a nightmare.

I don't know how the Model 3 aftermarket funks kits are setup, but wouldn't the service guys have to go through the same process if the original Tesla latch broke?

Reactions: LionXng
[...]
DETAILS: My Hansshow power funk failed to open after 11 months of use. The struts attempted to lift the hood, but the latch would not release (you could hear the struts power up and see the hood flex). The manual emergency release cable didn’t work (!). The latch was stuck in the closed position.
[...]

OP You shouldn't be surprised with products coming straight from china that aren't "filtered" through an american corporate company.
Corp companies place high standard of quality control, when you buy directly from China, or buy from a company whose selling products directly from China.
open your wallets up, there's a high chance it will fail within 1 year of ownership - personal financial headache experience.

I don't know how the Model 3 aftermarket funks kits are setup, but wouldn't the service guys have to go through the same process if the original Tesla latch broke?

I think this particular Tesla Dealer just didn't know the work-arounds to open the frunk. I spoke to TeslaOffer about my frunk kit and asked them what would happen if it didn't open and how I would go about opening it assuming you don't have the emergency manual release cable installed at the tow hook. If so than you can access it through the fender liner. I did not ask for details but was told that if this ever happened, they would be more than happy to walk me through the steps of manually releasing the frunk and it is not that difficult.

I think this particular Tesla Dealer just didn't know the work-arounds to open the frunk. I spoke to TeslaOffer about my frunk kit and asked them what would happen if it didn't open and how I would go about opening it assuming you don't have the emergency manual release cable installed at the tow hook. If so than you can access it through the fender liner. I did not ask for details but was told that if this ever happened, they would be more than happy to walk me through the steps of manually releasing the frunk and it is not that difficult.

It was not a Tesla dealer, it was a Factory Tesla Service Center. If there were any work arounds to opening a factory latch, they would most likely know.

It was not a Tesla dealer, it was a Factory Tesla Service Center. If there were any work arounds to opening a factory latch, they would most likely know.
Sorry, I did mean Factory Tesla Service Center which is presumably attached to the Tesla dealer - by no means was I inferring the Tesla Dealer as in the sales staff. Anyways, all I'm saying is that the guy from TeslaOffer told me it's easy to open the frunk by pulling back the fender liner and he has done it before and he said it's easy for him to walk me through it. It sounds like in the OP's experience, his Factory Tesla Service Center didn't find it so easy. The way it was described by TeslaOffer didn't sound like it would warrant over $400 in labor time nor require removal of the hood and bumper.

I don’t know if the through-the-fender approach would work given the aftermarket latch mechanism which failed in the locked position. All I know is what was on the invoice, and my service advisor saying they had to try a number of different things to break in.

For the record, I’m enjoying the Tesla Offer product which allows me to open & close the frunk from main screen. I put some smelly leftovers in it just tonight. Of course, it’s only been two weeks, so time will tell.

• Funny
Reactions: Cowby

I recently installed so I have a pretty good mental picture of what is under the frunk. I don't see any way to reach anything from a wheel well if you removed the liner. I can't even think of what they would suggest you try and reach.

I recently installed so I have a pretty good mental picture of what is under the frunk. I don't see any way to reach anything from a wheel well if you removed the liner. I can't even think of what they would suggest you try and reach.
I don't disagree with you and I've installed a couple. But this is simply what I was told by a guy who has probably installed dozens if not more of these kits along with designing the kit itself. I asked this question specifically because my version of the frunk did not have the built-in cable release so I was worried in the event of a failure I'd get stuck. He assured me it wasn't a difficult issue to resolve. Anyways, my kit has been rock solid and I hope I never have to call them for that issue but at least I have confidence they will help me if it happened.

Reactions: LionXng
What is the warranty on the Hansshow power trunk? I have it for 15 months and the power trunk stopped working. I contacted Hansshow support, Stephen, and all he asked me was to reset the module again and again which didn't work.
I asked about my warranty and he told me that I am not covered and need to purchase a new complete kit. I end up getting a new kit. Now I am wondering if I should be covered by the warranty or not.

BTW, going back and forth with support for a week. My conclusion on their support is either 1) reset the module or 2) pay for a new kit.

What is the warranty on the Hansshow power trunk? I have it for 15 months and the power trunk stopped working. I contacted Hansshow support, Stephen, and all he asked me was to reset the module again and again which didn't work.
I asked about my warranty and he told me that I am not covered and need to purchase a new complete kit. I end up getting a new kit. Now I am wondering if I should be covered by the warranty or not.

BTW, going back and forth with support for a week. My conclusion on their support is either 1) reset the module or 2) pay for a new kit.
I believe it’s one year. But my power frunk failed at 11 months and I never got a replacement for the parts I sent back. Stephen wanted me to pay $200. I bought from Tesla Offer instead.

I believe it’s one year. But my power frunk failed at 11 months and I never got a replacement for the parts I sent back. Stephen wanted me to pay $200. I bought from Tesla Offer instead.
I guess you got a better deal with a $200 offer for a replacement. I paid $220. I confirmed with Hansshow that the warranty is 2 years and I just realized that Hannsshow doesn't stand behind their name.

Reactions: Petermcg