Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Problem with Hansshow Support

tlr1000

Jun 14, 2018
Vancouver
Hi there,

For those debating about trying Hansshow, I purchased a power frunk directly from them, Guangzhou, China. Quick transaction, it shown to my door within two weeks.
New version is water proof so it should be OK, I thought.
So far, my car is a 2021, installation is slightly different, no problem they have a video about it.
Did everything it did not work.
Start talking to them... They are in China so their hours are my evenings slow going back and forward, in about a week all we have done is reset all cables, power off and on system. You need to do a code upgrade.
I am three weeks in and still not working :(

I understand is a new version in a new car year model and while they are trying it has been a pain :(

If you are going to an older year, as long as you don't need them. You should be OK

I do wonder about their warranty :(
There's a distinct pattern with them. Good service for pre-sale, good support when providing verbal guidance, BUT as soon as you need replacement part(s) the service changes. Anyone not needing replacement parts generally views their service as positive. It's better to buy from a company that stands behind their product if you need any part(s) replaced.

tlr1000

Jun 14, 2018
Vancouver
@orangejooze , I've never seen a video showing removal of the HS kit and install of the EO kit. I've helped a friend with doing the exact thing recently and it's best to take a 'scorched earth' approach. Don't be tempted to use any piece of the existing HS kit even if it may appear to look identical.

Reactions: orangejooze

Petermcg

Sep 26, 2018
Apex, NC
I replaced my defective Hansshow frunk kit with EVOffer’s, which has been working flawlessly. I just completely removed Hansshow’s hardware and did a new install of the EVOffer kit. They have similar steps, replacing the latch, the struts, etc., so having done one I was more comfortable with the second. With EVOffer you have to replace the OEM strut brackets on the hood, which was different. There are lots of EVOffer installation videos online.

https://evoffer.com/Manual/M3_Auto_Frunk/TESLA MODEL 3 ELECTRIC FRUNK INSTALLATION GUIDE v1.0.pdf

orangejooze

Sep 9, 2020
SoCal
Thanks for the tips guys. Any offer codes available for evoffer? I got my kit from hansshow during their Black Friday sale for about 390. Now having to replace it with a better kit for 550 kinda stings. 😓

BeachChuck

Jun 3, 2021
St Petersburg, FL
Hi there,

For those debating about trying Hansshow, I purchased a power frunk directly from them, Guangzhou, China. Quick transaction, it shown to my door within two weeks.
New version is water proof so it should be OK, I thought.
So far, my car is a 2021, installation is slightly different, no problem they have a video about it.
Did everything it did not work.
Start talking to them... They are in China so their hours are my evenings slow going back and forward, in about a week all we have done is reset all cables, power off and on system. You need to do a code upgrade.
I am three weeks in and still not working :(

I understand is a new version in a new car year model and while they are trying it has been a pain :(

If you are going to an older year, as long as you don't need them. You should be OK

I do wonder about their warranty :(
Hey P2W, I have a 2021 Model 3 and ordered the power frunk from Hansshow. Received in about 4 weeks VERSION 5. Looked at ALL the u-tube install videos on M3s and MYs and concluded I could do it. No problems with replacing struts, ground and battery hookup, running emergency cable, the latch attachment (Tesbros video on V5 good detail on latch), but when it came to hooking up the wiring harness, nothing is labeled and found no videos for 2021 M3 V5. So I had to undo the latch, and now asking professional installer to finish. If it works as poorly as their instruction sheets (and video), then I am in for trouble.

Wray

Oct 7, 2021
Basel, Switzerland
I was about to get their SR+ Audio upgrade. Knew something was wrong after they low-key harassed me over whatsapp to finally get me to buy it.
I've heard a few bad things about them, enough to decide that I'm not gonna buy anything from them.. Thanks for sharing your experience!

KaJu74

Jul 10, 2013
Germany
For my 2019 Model 3, I had the frunk and trunk kit from Hansshow and was satisfied.
That was even the non-waterproof kit.
Still, it basically worked well.
I had to restart the drink several times, but basically not tramatically.
But I only had problems with the Frunk Kit for the 2021 model.

But I'm so put off that I probably won't order anything there.

Because only the low price is of no use if it doesn't work and the support is so bad.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC