Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Problems Charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi
i have a Model 3
Went to charge last week on an instavolt and my car wouldn’t charge, tried 2 machines
Tonight I tried charging on another brand and also wouldn’t charge
Car just stays on the ready to charge screen
I can charge at home using a 32amp Tesla umc.
Any ideas?
Thanks

Hey. Sometimes charging points require you to connect things in a certain order. I have BP pulse and EVDot near me, both require initialising the charge point first with either RFID card or app before you connect cables. Could this be it? Also can you hear the cable locking at both ends? You might not be pushing them in far enough. Otherwise have you tried a soft/hard reset? Hold down both steering wheel buttons until screen blanks, for the hard reset I believe you hold down the brake at the same time.

I believe that charging with the UMC uses a different system to regular charging. AC vs DC or some such.

Makes me think its an issue with the car unfortunately. Have you contacted Tesla about it?
Exactly. Need to try with a Tesla Supercharger to discover if this is a problem with the in-car DC charge system or just incompatibility with the individual (non tesla) chargers tried.