Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Problems with software 9.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi. New to this group and new to Tesla (3 weeks!) I got my software update this last week. It was fine for the first few days but yesterday, I noticed 3 new things:
1. Music - streaming- unable to upload. The weird thing was this seemed like every other song.
2. My car is asking me to put the key card on the side bar to unlock the car. A few seconds later, it recognizes the phone and I can enter.
3. It seems like battery efficiency has decreased.

Anyone else notice these things?

A new issue today:
- Opened the car door and the screen went BLANK. I called Tesla Support and while on hold, the suggestion was to hold your brakes and both knobs of the steering wheel down. This reset the screen. But WHY did this happen? Also - I noticed that I could put the car in Drive and Reverse but wasn't sure if it was safe to drive with no screen.
Anyone else have this issue? Is it related to the Update?

Got the update 3 days ago and have been fine until this morning. My car now is not properly connected to cellular signal. The map is still there but no traffic info. No Slacker streaming. No podcast. Phone app wouldn’t connect to car even when I was in the car. Dash cam now doesn’t work. The icon is there but with an “X”. The cell signal on the display would show full bar for one minute, then no signal for another minute. Then it will keep alternating.
Yeah I know I need to call tesla for this but it’s still frustrating.

Got the update 3 days ago and have been fine until this morning. My car now is not properly connected to cellular signal. The map is still there but no traffic info. No Slacker streaming. No podcast. Phone app wouldn’t connect to car even when I was in the car. Dash cam now doesn’t work. The icon is there but with an “X”. The cell signal on the display would show full bar for one minute, then no signal for another minute. Then it will keep alternating.
Yeah I know I need to call tesla for this but it’s still frustrating.

My traffic info just got disabled after the patch. Had to just re-click the icon to re-enable it.

Dash cam is buggy right now though. Even if you format it right the file system corrupts pretty quickly and the only way to fix it is to re-format your USB. something to do with car going to sleep or shutdown of the USB drive.

Hi. New to this group and new to Tesla (3 weeks!) I got my software update this last week. It was fine for the first few days but yesterday, I noticed 3 new things:
1. Music - streaming- unable to upload. The weird thing was this seemed like every other song.
2. My car is asking me to put the key card on the side bar to unlock the car. A few seconds later, it recognizes the phone and I can enter.

I started out for the first few days and it was fine, but I have started to lose some functions, here and there. No internet connectivity, some windshield wiper aggressiveness, no calendar updates (ever). The good news is that I have not had any problem with "phone as a key", which has made me a happy camper. :D

I'm sure they are working on the glitches. Overall, I love this car.

Battery Efficiency has decreased on my model S ... my understanding this is from using more cameras....personally i am not happy about this and i really don't want or need AP or FSD as i have little use for it

Im also having a lot of issues. I havent had connectivety all day.

This morning I was able to turn the heat on my vehicle, but shortly after lost all Phone to Car functionality other than bluetooth Open/ Unlock features.

- No Traffic for Navigation
- No internet
- No Charging visibility
- No Remote control through mobile app

I have also noticed there we a big burn in the battery usage... Not good, even with the M3 AWD LR battery i'm finding its burning the battery a ton on my daily commutes (64 miles RT, 2- 2.5 hrs) burning close to 80 miles of Battery, not hitting over 75/80 and lots of stop and go.

• Informative
Reactions: JES2
A new issue today:
- Opened the car door and the screen went BLANK. I called Tesla Support and while on hold, the suggestion was to hold your brakes and both knobs of the steering wheel down. This reset the screen. But WHY did this happen? Also - I noticed that I could put the car in Drive and Reverse but wasn't sure if it was safe to drive with no screen.
Anyone else have this issue? Is it related to the Update?

This happens fairly regularly on our 3, and I'm STILL waiting for v9. Seems like everyone already has it, because there's no thread on the first 5 pages asking about "who doesn't have it yet"?

Hi - Just an update.
- Last 2 days have run more smoothly. However, I'm obsessed with the Energy consumption page now! I still feel our efficiency is less. My distance driven is about 20% less than battery usage. For example, I drove 180 km on one day but my battery went down 220 km where as before the update the kms driven and the kms remaining were similar.

Issues:
Internet has worked a few times. Most times it doesn't load, have a blank screen
Wiper came on at lowest speed in the garage (it was dark), stopped once I pulled out of the garage
Get "loading error" initially (streaming, podcast etc), but comes on after touching the icon

Dislikes:
Put the turn-by-turn info back on the right side and bring the controls back to the left side please (or make it user configurable)