Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production/Delivery Status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
bolosky ordered Mid April - end of July his car is in final stage at Hethel. (I keep my fingers crossed for you that they could ship it before their holidays). This would implement that it was started at about 3 weeks before, maybe at about July 13th (Mid July) - this means 12 weeks from order date to start of production.

I just got email from Tesla, and I didn't make the cut. My car's still in Hethel, waiting for someone to show up and finish it off. Ted told me that they're taking a two week holiday, not three, and that he expects my car to be in Menlo Park by the end of next week (which is also consistent with a two week holiday, since they'd return to work on Monday the 17th instead of the 24th).

I don't have an ETA for delivery from Tesla, but at this point I'd be surprised if it arrived before early to mid September. I was hoping for it to make my birthday (August 29, shared with John McCain, Michael Jackson and Hurricane Katrina's flattening of New Orleans), but now it seems really unlikely.

Oh, well. It seems kind of greedy to whine about having to wait a couple of extra weeks for my exotic and totally unnecessary sports car to show up, but it's hard nevertheless! :rolleyes:

My VIN is 670. I think that they're assigning VINs based on build start times, and they told me that I moved up a little in terms of build slot because I didn't choose exotic options, I locked in quickly and sent them the money as soon as they asked. Still, that's not all that consistent with 1000+ being ahead of me in line.

...vehicles on the road: 2 delivered in Germany....

1. owned by Tesla Motors - Driven by Craig Davis - UK license number: AU58 JDK
2. Mercedes (formerly Daimler-Chrysler) - probably disassembled for research, after Testdrives
3. Audi (unconfirmed rumour) - probably disassembled for research, after Testdrives
alll these cars are US Roadster's ... only one is really on the road

2. Mercedes (formerly Daimler-Chrysler) - probably disassembled for research, after Testdrives
3. Audi (unconfirmed rumour) - probably disassembled for research, after Testdrives

Apart from those two Roadster 2 (2010) European Edition have supposedly been delivered. One supposedly went to RWE.

What is the story with A057 HCX?
40128.jpg

Testbericht Faszination: Elektro-Cabrios - Dr. Strom und Mr. Heiß
Tesla-Roadster.jpg

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/...k-und-die-elektroauto-revolution-1264966.html
And AU58 JDZ?

And the white Brabus Roadster... Does it live in Germany sometimes?

And AU58 JBE stays in Monaco?

look's like most of them owned by TM because

..most cars are VP's
..most cars have (similar) UK license numbers
..none of these cars are EU Roadster's ...
(side-turn signal are missing, long format space for the plate missing
the "kp/h" thing )
more here,
..all of them are 2008 Versions (or older... )

The Brabus Roadster is more Show-Car then on the Road

Am I wrong ? - any Roadster in privat hand's ?

Last edited:
At the London launch event there was a silver EU-spec car that we were told was a customer car. The customer was supposed to be there for a key handover ceremony, but at the last minute couldn't make it. However he/she was still supposed to get the car within two weeks.

All of the cars mentioned in TEG's post are older VPs (for the uninitiated, basically on a UK plate 57 means the car was registered between 09/2007 - 02/2008 and 58 means 09/2008 - 02/2009).

• ChadS placed his order on July 15th 2009
  • Lets assume, that both bolosky and ChadS are not High-Style-Grade-A-Celebrities, which means at the time placing their order, they were at the end of the order line. (sorry guys) :wink:
That's OK. I just checked my celebrity ranking; apparently I am Grade Q. When my Roadster arrives, I will ask if I can move to Grade P.

Lets begin with ChadS: the start-of-production-Date given to ChadS cant be correct, because in one week on estimated production begin (17.August), no one from Lotus is at the factory. Lets assume, that ChadS´s Tesla Rep did not know that the factory is on holiday. This would still implement, that they wanted to START ChadS roadster AFTER 4 WEEKS he has finalised the order!
About 3 weeks for the built in Hethel, shipping, and about 2 weeks finishing the car in the US. This would make an about 2,5 month wait for a new order.
As somebody else noted, the holiday was apparently only 2 weeks long this year. I have been told that production on my car has indeed started. If there had been no holiday, it seems they would have started production just two weeks after I finalized my order.

The day after I placed my order online, they called and asked me to lock in and send final payment. I put them off for a couple of days to decide on options, but I did send in full payment just a couple of days later.

and then, end of september, beginning of october, ChadS might get his car. This nice guy ChadS, who has placed his order a few weeks ago, on July 15th!
Can I get you to talk to my teenage daughter? She doesn't think I am very nice.

The last indication I got was a "mid-September" delivery date; today I was told "first half of October".

1. There is a gap of 400 Roadsters "missing". I am sorry for Tesla. With 600 cars deliverd now, 700 cars if possible delivered at the end of August, and very less possible deliveries in the US in September due to Lotus factory holidays, would result in a VIN smaller than 800 for the guy ChadS ordered his car on July 15th 2009.
I was given VIN 690.

--ChadS

I was given VIN 690.

--ChadS

I've got VIN 670, with a build start date of 7/20. Given that there were two work weeks between 7/20 and 8/17 (allowing for the two week holiday) that means that they only started 20 cars in 2 weeks, hardly the 25/week that they had been doing.

It looks like they've pretty much drained the queue of US cars, and they're filling orders as they come. Let's hope that that (or the new financing or the drag race results or something) encourages more people to place/finalize some orders.

I got email that they've shipped my paperwork, so it's getting pretty close.

(On a completely different topic, I see the sponsored ads list at the right includes "GNU Computing for HPC." I think that the ad software has confused High Performance Computing for High Power Charger. :smile:)

I've got VIN 670, with a build start date of 7/20. Given that there were two work weeks between 7/20 and 8/17 (allowing for the two week holiday) that means that they only started 20 cars in 2 weeks, hardly the 25/week that they had been doing.

It looks like they've pretty much drained the queue of US cars, and they're filling orders as they come. Let's hope that that (or the new financing or the drag race results or something) encourages more people to place/finalize some orders.

I got email that they've shipped my paperwork, so it's getting pretty close.

(On a completely different topic, I see the sponsored ads list at the right includes "GNU Computing for HPC." I think that the ad software has confused High Performance Computing for High Power Charger. :smile:)

Roadster #635 was delivered today. Since I was out of town on business when she arrived. I picked her up at the shipper's warehouse, rather then wait until Tuesday for home delivery. It arrived with 70 ideal miles SoC. Since I had a 45 mile drive home it was very hard not to stab the accelerator at every available moment. When I got home I took my brother for a brief ride and got a warning of a low battery. She is in the garage charging now. I have owned or driven many different cars, THIS CAR IS A GAS!. Did I just say gas? (sorry)

Not sure if this is the right thread for this but since we are talking numbers here I'll post this here. This was an article in the German newspaper "Süddeutsche Zeitung" (from this past weekend) about how there's still a long way to go for e-mobility in Munich/Germany as there are hardly any cars or infrastrucure available yet. Anyway, the paragraph that makes me wonder is this one (Google translation):
"The city is ideal for us open-minded, environmentally conscious - and people have money," says Tesla manager Craig Davis. At least a dozen of the two-seat electric roadster, it has sold at a price of 90,000 Euro already - they are delivered in the coming months. Even Mayor Hep Monatzeder was a test pilot - and, according to Craig Davis "superbegeistert.
As far as I'm informed Craig is responsible for Germany, Austria and Switzerland. "At least" should have more accurately been translated to "About". So, "about 12" Roadsters have already been sold?! In Munich (seems too many)? In Germany (doesn't seem like a lot)? All together (no way)? RWEs and Juwis' combined orders already exceed that number. Just a hoax? Anyway, just wanted to post this piece of information to add to the general confusion.
:biggrin:

Original (German) article: Elektroautos in München - Der weite Weg zur Steckdose - Stadtleben - sueddeutsche.de

Translation: Google Übersetzer