Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production/Delivery Status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sept 24 - "Your Roadster is in the Body Assembly factory"

Sounds like your Roadster is advancing nicely, kgb. Mine is still in the Paint Factory and I have been driving it for a week and a half.

The Toronto rep told me that they are now driving each new car for 100 miles before shipping as they had a bunch of small issues that were causing them service calls that they wanted to catch before delivery to customers.

So if 1078 isn't delivered yet, I have to wait for (at least) 59 more deliveries before I receive my Roadster...looks like a December delivery might be out of the question...:eek:

I remember being told fairly recently that TM can produce about 100 units / month...is this a realistic number?

kgb...If I need a fix, can I come down to Houston and borrow yours? :biggrin::wink:

Congrats on your order!

Artic White i presume, with CF exterior, Nice!

Same Color here (wo the CF). Mine came also with the solar windscreen. (picked it from the stock list)

Does anyone know if this windscreen is visually darker then a normal windscreen?
Or is there no real difference?

Thanks!

Yeah, I asked about the availability of any of the "stock" Roadsters, but I was told that they were only made for the U.S. marketplace....I guess The Netherlands automotive standards must be a better fit than Canada's standards.

I don't know if the solar windscreen is darker, but I have read that it'll mess up your radar detector...:eek::wink:

Last edited:
So if 1078 isn't delivered yet, I have to wait for (at least) 59 more deliveries before I receive my Roadster...looks like a December delivery might be out of the question...:eek:

I remember being told fairly recently that TM can produce about 100 units / month...is this a realistic number?

kgb...If I need a fix, can I come down to Houston and borrow yours? :biggrin::wink:

I'm told that the Roadsters aren't processed in VIN order so it's only a gross estimate ... E.g. My 1077 was probably not next to 1078 in England ...

Thanks for the clarification on the VIN numbers / order processing cinergi...always nice to learn more about the process.

I hope both your #1077 and Jason's #1071 arrive soon...it'd be nice to get some Fall driving in...plenty of good days left before the first snow.

#1078 is heading to England?...hey kgb, we found your car...it's heading overseas to...:eek::biggrin::wink:

I was out of town and got a call from the wife, "A box from Tesla arrived."

Obviously too small to contain my car, I figured it was the universal mobile connector. When I arrived home, i found out it was in fact my car... the little matchbox car!

So when am I going to get my universal mobile connector? Is it going to come in the trunk of my car?

#1078 is heading to England?...hey kgb, we found your car...it's heading overseas to...

There goes all my carbon savings... what's the point in having an electric car, if they ship it from GB to california, then back overseas! I might as well attach a blade to my electric rear tires and drive through a forest chopping down trees, then drive to the arctic and run over some baby seals!