Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production/Delivery Status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We look forward to seeing your vid Cinergi...are they delivering it to your house, or are you picking it up at the NYC store?

QUOTE=cinergi;50473]I've been told my Roadster (#1077) is due to arrive no later than this coming Tuesday the 12th. I just got the UMC 240 in the mail today, however. I took some photos and will add video and whatnot on my blog (http://fearlessbit.com/).[/QUOTE]

The Tesla website now says:
STATUS | Your Roadster is scheduled for build

That's something new at least but doesn't give a build date or VIN. When can I expect to find this information out? Thanks.

Dave

update: got my VIN! I'm number 1144 but don't have a delivery date yet. I placed my order Oct 4th.

Last edited:
I was told by my salesperson, that "Scheduled for build" simply means that the lotus factory is making your parts, and you should not expect a status change until your glider makes it to California. In my case it was 7 1/2 weeks before my status changed.

Last edited:
Is there a PDF version of the Roadster 2.5 owners manual available? I wasn't sure if Tesla made this available to buyers early or not. Have ten weeks or so to read it so figured I might as well try and get it. I couldn't find it on Tesla's website.

Is there a PDF version of the Roadster 2.5 owners manual available? I wasn't sure if Tesla made this available to buyers early or not. Have ten weeks or so to read it so figured I might as well try and get it. I couldn't find it on Tesla's website.

When I asked about a 2.5 manual, I was told that the differences between the 2.0 Roadster and the 2.5 did not warrant an updated release of the manual. However, the existing manual refers readers to a "Charging Manual" and to a "Touchscreen Manual" that were not on Tesla's website. I asked about these 2 additions and they did email me pdfs for the two documents. The Charging manual's content was mainly what was included in the current owner's manual but the Touch Screen manual did provide some info that is not described anywhere else.

When I spoke with a Tesla "Customer Advocate" recently, he did indicate that the manuals are about to be updated and re-released, so we can hope for a more complete package available through the Tesla website soon.

For anyone ordering the Entertainment package, the Alpine IVA-NAV-10 manual comes on an Alpine CD included with the car. The product, to quote CNET, appears to be "an OEM-rebranded version of the Alpine INA-W900 retail model". You can spend many happy hours reading the Alpine manual while you are waiting for your Roadster. The link to Alpine's US website for the manual is: http://support.alpine-usa.com/products/documents/OM_INA-W900_EN.pdf

Thanks for the Alpine link PM. I'm going to print that off right away as I'll be at the bottom of the learning curve with respect to the entertainment package.

I had contacted TM about the Roadster's user manual as well...I'm thinking we'll have the new links within a couple of weeks.

What does this mean? I just got this in an email from Angie at Tesla.
I'm gonna cry!
That's great news, right? I thought once it hit CA, was only a matter of 2 weeks or so but I'm not sure. I've only been waiting a week but feel like I've been waiting forever. I really respect the people who held on through the original delays in production.

I think he knows that. Just seeing tangible progress is causing anticipatory emotions.

No, actually I am going to cry because I was misinformed. I thought that my "glider" was already in Menlo Park. But it seems that the paint and chassis updates were from England... so while #1077 has already been delivered, #1078 is sitting in a shipping container in the ocean. Before I opened the email, I thought TM was going to tell me my vehicle was on a truck. I thought I was going to be making delivery arrangements. So when I found out the vehicle is still in England, the disappointment brought me to tears. Tears of sadness, not joy. :'-(

It's starting to feel like I will receive my Model S before I get the Roadster... It's almost 2011!

Roadsters are not sent by containers: they come as air freight in the belly of passenger 747s... There was a picture of several crated Roadster gliders in front of a Virgin Atlantic plane on the old TM website: I can't find it anymore.
I was at the Menlo Park store this past Friday where I saw #1076 which appeared ready for delivery.

No, actually I am going to cry because I was misinformed. I thought that my "glider" was already in Menlo Park. But it seems that the paint and chassis updates were from England

I'm so sorry to hear your news, kgb. You must have ordered an amazing Roadster because it sure seems to be taking longer than it should. The only whining we should have been hearing from you by now was suppose to be coming from the AC motor of your speeding Tesla!

Waiting sucks, but it will arrive "soon". It doesn't help now, but once your driving your beauty, the agonizing you went through while waiting will, at least, start to become a distant memory. At least you will get to drive it in the Houston winter. The Canadians who are also waiting for their cars (and new owners like myself) are soon going to have to park them for most of the snowy months ahead.