Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production/Delivery Status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What can I say Sir except to compliment you on your good taste in colour choice! :biggrin::wink:

Sounds like you ordered a carbon copy of mine!(Sport model incl paint armour / infotainment)...I'll be keeping an eye out to see that they don't send mine to you...:biggrin::wink:

Congrats, and welcome to 10 weeks of no sleep! :biggrin:

Were you able to grab this vehicle from the pre-built stock inventory?

I just placed my order for an Arctic White with black wheels and exterior carbon fiber accents! Pretty excited. Texas is gaining another Tesla. Now we just need a store.

Thanks! Mine is basically a regular Roadster with all the options in the sport package minus the upgraded engine. If they mix them up though, I'd be ok with that=)
They have one in production without the carbon fiber so they're seeing if it's too late to add it. If it isn't, would have it in about 5 weeks. If it is, then it will be a custom order so about 10 weeks.

Last edited:
Well, here's hoping they can add it for you...I'm averaging about 2 hrs of sleep / night since I placed the order...:eek::smile:
It's looking like a 10 week wait but I'm ok with that. Being a Model S reservation holder for 18 months gives you that power (although I know that's even a short wait compared to some of the first Roadster owners)=)

Last edited:
Seriously, I'm with Jaff... I check for updates on the Tesla web page when I get up... but I realize they are 2 hours earlier, so I check when I'm at work. I check again when I leave work. And I check again before I go to bed, just in case they were working late! I'm not sleeping well. Once the car gets here, I'll be too tired to drive it.

Seriously, I'm with Jaff... I check for updates on the Tesla web page when I get up... but I realize they are 2 hours earlier, so I check when I'm at work. I check again when I leave work. And I check again before I go to bed, just in case they were working late! I'm not sleeping well. Once the car gets here, I'll be too tired to drive it.

Well, it's 3AM so I guess you're both right. Doh!
Does the standard vs. rally premium interior matter if it's a solid color interior (all black)? I realize the color will be the same but wasn't sure if the sewing pattern on the seat was different? Thanks.

Dave

I hope Tesla is reading this, but I need help to stop me obsessive checking the TM website for updates on my car. Perhaps if there was an RSS feed, or if I received an email or text message when the status changed... Also, what is driving me crazy is the fact that #1077 is allegedly on a truck, yet my car is sitting idle in the body assembly factory. Because I anticipate a change to my car's status at any moment, I have been checking the TM website hourly. I am so sick of my current gas guzzler. Every time I fill up, I tell myself, this is the last time... but at 15 MPG, I seem to fill up a lot!

Steady kgb...if your nerves are getting to you, try the farmer's remedy...

#1. Drink 1/2 a bottle of whiskey. :smile:

#2. If you feel any better, drink the other 1/2 ...:tongue::wink::biggrin:

...It'll be Murphy's law...if you incapacitate your ability to operate a motor vehicle with a few cocktails, your Roadster is guaranteed to show up during your session...(cause you'll be in no condition to drive it & the wife will claim the first drive (DOH!)... :wink::biggrin:)

Seriously, I hope you get some good news soon! :smile:

I need help to stop me obsessive checking the TM website for updates on my car. ...my car is sitting idle in the body assembly factory... I have been checking the TM website hourly.

Hi kgb. I don't think checking the Tesla web site every hour will help with the delivery of your car. Like I've mentioned before, the Tesla owner's site says my Roadster is in the Paint Factory yet I have had the car since mid-September! It looks like your vehicle delivery is imminent but I know the wait is gut-wrenching.

All will be wonderful soon when the car arrives.

After reading about all of the previous (mis)adventuresI really don't know how you "initial adopters" coped...brass balls, iron will & a strong stomach I guess! :wink:

Oh, it was something all right. When I put my deposit in (Nov '06), I sort of expected a delay of about a year from the initial promised date. It was the extra 6 months that I didn't anticipate that started getting me anxious. They did sprinkle in a few events (a Feb '07 ride-along, a Sept '07 set of drives - I got to drive the 2-speed transmission, and a few other events along the way). The last few months were the most anxious.

Worth it, though. All worth it.

No question, you oldtimers had a really rough ride...

Oh, it was something all right. When I put my deposit in (Nov '06), I sort of expected a delay of about a year from the initial promised date. It was the extra 6 months that I didn't anticipate that started getting me anxious. They did sprinkle in a few events (a Feb '07 ride-along, a Sept '07 set of drives - I got to drive the 2-speed transmission, and a few other events along the way). The last few months were the most anxious.

Worth it, though. All worth it.

These are the words we who are still waiting for our Roadsters want to hear SB...thanks!:smile: