Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production/Delivery Status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks Guys!...can't wait until the snows get on later today to get the first "Highway" drive in! :biggrin::biggrin:

Just a note...when the transport driver unloaded my veh, it had obviously been cold for (I'd guess) about a week...it was about 25F ambient temp...the regen was not working and the pac charge level was about 50%.

I charged last night at 40 amps starting at 9pm...when I unplugged this morning, the regen was working well.

I think as I probably won't use up much charge today because of the weather, I'll just use the 110v tonight to verify that the 110v will keep the pac warm enough to keep the regen working.

Cheers!

Jason, I feel the same (now that I have about 250 electric kms under my belt) as I did after my test drive in Sept...the only thing I can say is that "there are no words" to describe the feeling you get while driving this car!...simply amazing...a permanent high! :biggrin: ...it is really a "pinch me" moment when you open the garage & stare at it first thing in the morning...(you want to play hooky all day & just drive around (guilt free) :biggrin::biggrin:

Standard conversation is ..."What is that?"

"It's a Tesla."

"Who makes it?"

Even from the guys who work at car dealerships as sales reps & mechanics...hardly anyone around here knows anything about, or has even heard of TM...:tongue:

It's here! What an amazing car. I've already driven 80 miles, given 6 drives and have probably 10 people tell me it's a 'cool car' and I've only had it since noon. Ferris Bueller was right: "It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up"

Is there any information when they will stop producing the roadster?

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/01/29/wait-what-tesla-to-kill-the-roadster-in-2011/
"We do not plan to sell our current generation Tesla Roadster after 2011 due to planned tooling changes at a supplier for the Tesla Roadster."

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/06/29/2013-tesla-roadster-to-be-completely-built-in-house/
...the Roadster's reign is set to end in December of 2011, although Tesla will continue to take orders for the current Roadster into 2012 if its supply of "gliders" – the rolling chassis provided by Lotus and built on the same platform as the Elise/Exige – isn't exhausted...