Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production/Delivery Status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Motors - a set on Flickr

3051135280_9b28695c4c.jpg
3051135390_7fdcf3d326.jpg
3050297447_1c53672e19.jpg
3051135660_df5d42d33b.jpg

I didn't take these photos, so I don't know what VIN they're up to, but it looks like car #54 belonging to Rich (SuperCarnitas) is ready for delivery. Also looks like Martin's car is in the shop, perhaps getting DT1.5 installed?

Sig #54 came home today! Deliveries were apparently paused for a firmware upgrade, but the pipes are flowing again. Hats off to Sorinne, Zak, and the rest of the Tesla gang for the easygoing reception.

424708115_Puj5P-M.jpg

Yeah, definitely need to practice in/egress to look less oafish. And I'm like 5'7".

While touring around the assembly area I saw cars numbered in the 90s; there's probably enough for a meet soon!

Does anyone know if they are still at the production rate of 20 cars a week or have they ramped up some from that? Weren't they supposed to be up to about 40/week at the beginning of the year ? Are they still on schedule for that ramp up ? or have they ramped up slowly in the mean time ? :confused:

They have never been at 20 per week. The most recent numbers I've heard from Tesla are 12 per week in November, ramping up to 15 per week in December, 20 per week in February and 30 per week by spring.

Projects about future production rates are by nature quite speculative, since production rate increases require that every single vendor increase their production in lock-step with everyone else. Also any glitches in the process can potentially delay both individual cars and the output rate.

It's a tricky business making cars, especially a totally new design like the Roadster.

Does anyone know if they are still at the production rate of 20 cars a week or have they ramped up some from that? Weren't they supposed to be up to about 40/week at the beginning of the year ? Are they still on schedule for that ramp up ? or have they ramped up slowly in the mean time ? :confused:

The last number they threw out was 15, they never said 20.

Just thought I'd mention that Think finally seems to be ramping up their production. They are currently at 10 a day, but will slowly move to 44 a day which is the factory limit. Dealers says you can actually buy one and drive away with it right now supposedly!

Cobos