Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production/Delivery Status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, I have been expecting them to hit the 100 car number any day now for the last several days. I hope they hit it soon, and issue a press release when they do.

Tesla delivering the 100th Roadster today - AutoblogGreen

The 100th Tesla Roadster will be delivered today at the Tesla store in Menlo Park in Silicon Valley. Elon Musk, Tesla Motors' CEO and chairman will be there at noon to hand over the keys to "a special customer" according to Rachel Konrad, Tesla's senior communications manager.
Posts about this event go here: http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/news-articles-events/1972-tesla-delivers-100th-roadster.html

Last edited:
We are almost at the end of production on the Tesla Roadster Signature 100 series. I believe that also ends the owners that were required to put the full $100,000.00 down ahead of time -sold in the first 3 months back in July of 2006. (Or was it the first 3 weeks?) How many sold that first night in Santa Monica?
Then they will pick up the regular* and Patient buyers. 50 and $30K respectively.

I wonder how many Sig 100's had the exclusive green paint. Or had custom paint for that matter.

Congrats!

* was it called "regular"?

Laruant,

Actually there were 27 Founders Series. This is #81 of the Signature 100 series but the 100th car to be delivered. So there are more of the Signature 100s left to go but then I guess they begin again at #1 with regular prodction series cars. Does that make the waters muddier :) So there are 8 cars before #81 that have not been delivered yet .... and 28 left to deliver before we start over at #1 again.

Yup. Unfortunately the cars are not delivered in exact linear progression. For example, I am #76 and I don't have mine yet -- which makes seeing a presentation of #81 even more painful. :)

Some cars just have minor issues on the line that require a bit of time to resolve...

-Jon

Production Status -- #135

I walked around the service area with Zak and the highest VIN we found was #135. At this point all the gliders are still being flown in from the UK. It wasn't exactly clear when they'll start coming by boat, but that it would be "soon." My guess is at current production rates, for some reason or another, it makes more sense for them to continue to come in by plane since that provides a steady stream of gliders.

(click on the photo for a larger image)

3095953453_a96f11e11b.jpg
VIN135

3096882196_e5d245dede.jpg
VIN125, you can see Elon in the back left giving more interviews.

3096881182_83d360e114.jpg
3095954557_01a42cd173.jpg

MDR gets his Roadster VIN106

3115171054_7c16e7fd79.jpg

That color is just so damn incredible !!!.

I am flying to San Francisco in January on business. I will be using the opportunity to checkout various interior designs that other owners are selecting for Radiant Red. I just cannot get enough detail from the website to make a decision. I have to see the different styles in person.

My Tesla rep (Ted) said that many of the cars coming through now (after 100) are radiant red. Many different examples are available to see different interior designs.

I just cannot get enough detail from the website to make a decision. I have to see the different styles in person.

I cannot recommend this enough. The colors in person are very different than on the web site. Particularly for some colors like the Twilight Blue which looks completely different in the sun vs. the shade. Do not lock in any colors until you have seen them in person if you can help it.