Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production/Delivery Status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Roadsters at the airport being unloaded. Picture copied from the Tesla Motors owners gallery.

3713519511_16b9d87d7d_d.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I got some more information as to why my Roadster was delayed slightly (maybe a week), although it isn't really any information when it comes down to it. There was some confusion on my order, was the only explanation I got. Possibly they thought I was getting a CF interior and stopped work on my car in favor of others? I'll never know. My car is on track for late Aug delivery (instead of the early to mid-Aug I had expected).

Woo-Hoo!!!!

Picked mine up yesterday from the LA store, and drove back home to San Diego (I took the train up). By the time I got home, I still had 68 miles of estimated range left (and ~100 miles of ideal range) .... but traffc out of LA was a bit slow. The LA store was *packed* with cars; they had to move two just to get mine out of the little garage in back.

2010 #512 twilight blue w/ two-tone leather.

//dan.

Last edited:
Just posted a bunch of pix to my facebook account; I should have realized that I had an ethical obligation to show pix -- it's only been 2 years I've been on ths forum. You should be able to access by:

Dan Meacham's Photos - TESLA (19July09) | Facebook

Note: I've never posted pix before: Please PM me (rather than posting) if you cannot view the pix and/or have a better way of showing them. I took a bunch of random pix which showed minor / inconsequential parts of the vehicle which I had not seen before in this forum. Please forgive the excessive inclusion of a 3yo son ... no way around that. If anyone has any special request for pix, please let me know -- I realize that there aren't that many 2010 roadster's out there. I do *not* have the 2010 manual (soon), but I do have the 110v and 220v connector manuals.

best,
//dan.

Photos

James should be recieving his car very soon. I demand (as he so commonly does:rolleyes:) that photos be uploded of the car within 12 hours of delivery. I hope that no fun is had with the car until photos detailing 2010 changes be uploded to this forum and explained in great detail.

Thanks in advance.:wink:

The first customer Roadster Sport has been delivered and has been on it's first drive. It arrived at 10 pm with a full charge. TEG is here with me at my house. We are driving down together to the Wayland Invitational with three other Tesla Roadsters (Seattle to Portland) on Friday.

TEG has a bunch of photos that he is preparing now. They will be uploaded in a few minutes to his Flickr account and a few photos posted here also.

My Roadster Sport is recharging now on an aftermarket Martin Eberhard designed MC240 at 40 amps.

http://www.evcomponents.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=RF40AMP

3751823578_db6fc44aea_d.jpg

Last edited:
First post..

I received the e-mail below from Tesla yesterday. Was #640 on the wait list - VIN #596. Woo Hoo!
Dave:biggrin:

"Hi Dave,

I was at our Menlo facility today and thought you would appreciate a preview of your Roadster!

Your Roadster is at final assembly stage. Over the next 2 weeks, a team of about 9 technicians will install your drivetrain by hand, inspect and detail your Roadster and prepare it for delivery. It will be home in your garage before you know it.

I'm your customer service rep in California, so please let me know if you have any questions. The delivery coordinators will be in touch with shipping details.

Angie"

photo.jpg

Love the Exec Leather Interior. It's a little more understated than the drawings had shown, which is exactly what I was hoping for. I'm glad they decided against the contrast leather on the steering wheel. Especially with mine using orange as the contrast color, I was a little scared it would be a bit much. Beautiful! Let us know how your driving goes. I expect full "performance mode" testing versus regular 2008/2010 Roadsters, and on the adjustable suspension. :)

So I got the call and I get to go pick up this Wednesday eve.
Mike @ Tesla also sent me pictures of the car being assembled in M.P.
Mike made this Monday so unbelievably great. :smile:

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 95
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 104
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 108
  • photo 4.jpg