Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production/Delivery Status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Roadster delivery in Switzerland

Finally, after 18 month of waiting and delays, i have the Roadster in my garage !!
EU Signature Edition 23/250. What a blast ! It's much better than all the promotion cars we have seen.

To all EU owners .... it's really worth waiting for, that's all i can say as of now, because it's too much fun driving it.

I went for obsidian black, black leather with light grey, CF exterior.

I'll post more pic's later...

Best

LukasS

Attachments

• TR2010.01.jpg
    TR2010.01.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 146
  • TR2010.jpg
    TR2010.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 138
CF Exterior

CF exterior: It's the front spoiler, part of the hood, side air intakes, wing and diffuser. It looks amazing, just what i hoped for, no even better.

@*BB Highway, i'm in the northwestern part of Switzerland, you can bet we have fun roads ; _)))

the difficult part is not to loose your drivers licence...

Great, LST - congratulations! I'm heading for a test drive in v.1 next week - to see if a 2010 EU version is anything I could enjoy, before I buy. Not signature, though - I'll go for the regular EU version next year.

I took some pics after spending my lunchtime on the winding roads nearby. I know the car's dirty, but i've been driving it...; -)

I am very happy with the combination of black and the clear carbon fibre. From far you barely see it, but if you come close, it's amazing. Although it's very difficult to capture it in the pics.

Attachments

• P1010662.jpg
    P1010662.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 109
  • P1010670.jpg
    P1010670.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 88
  • P1010687.jpg
    P1010687.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 100
  • P1010678.jpg
    P1010678.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 92
  • P1010668.jpg
    P1010668.jpg
    939.5 KB · Views: 76
700th Roadster Delivered

Tesla announced the delivery of it's 700th Roadster to a 24 year old Law Student in Germany. All I know is I'm envious of a student that can afford such a car. :eek::smile:

Tesla Delivers 700th Roadster

German law student gets milestone car at Frankfurt Motor Show as electric vehicle maker accelerates deliveries throughout Europe.

FRANKFURT, Germany -- (BUSINESS WIRE) — Tesla Motors delivered its 700th vehicle Tuesday at the Frankfurt Motor Show, where the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer unveiled the production version of the Roadster Sport.

Tesla CEO Elon Musk handed the keys to an electric blue Roadster Sport to Lennart Hennig, a German law student in Bonn. Tesla has also delivered cars to customers in England, Switzerland, France, Austria, Denmark, Norway, Iceland, Spain, Monaco and Sweden.

"I am a socially responsible consumer who considers the environmental impact of my purchases,” said Hennig, 24. “As soon as I saw the Tesla web site in 2006, I knew I wanted to support a company dedicated to making more and more affordable vehicles so that mainstream people could have cars with a lower carbon footprint. I plan to drive this car every day so that people can see for themselves that the future of mobility is electric.”

The 700th delivery came less than a week after Tesla opened a store in Munich (Blumenstr.17) -- its first regional sales and service center in continental Europe. Tesla opened its flagship London store in June and will open a store in Monaco later this year.

“Many of our customers are die-hard European sports car aficionados who switch to Roadsters over concern about climate change and the dangers of foreign oil addiction,” Musk said. “And some customers buy the Roadster simply because it will beat the Porsche 911 or Audi R8 off the line every time.”

That is great news!

I am a little surprised they are only at 700 though. Wasn't 500 way back at the beginning of June? I know there was a brief delay between the 2008 and 2010, but I didn't think it was that long.

Glad they are still cranking them out though. Looking forward to breaking 1000.

Picked up mine (Roadster Sport EU #61) today. Drove it from Frankfurt where I picked it up at the IAA back home. Ride took about 321 KM (approx. 200 Miles). When I arrived home it showed a charge for another 40 KM (approx. 25 Miles). Average speed was between 110-120 KM/h (68-75 MPH). It's all good.

In the next weeks I'll post some results from my experiences on the Autobahn. Thank god there is no speed limit in Germany. :biggrin:

Yesterday I was sent this photo of my car in final assembly in California.

I just sent the final papers into Tesla today.

If I receive my car by the end of next week it will have been 65 days from the date I locked in my purchase. They will ship the car to me in Idaho. Maybe the first one in Idaho??

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 98
If I receive my car by the end of next week it will have been 65 days from the date I locked in my purchase. They will ship the car to me in Idaho. Maybe the first one in Idaho??

That is great for new customers. I hope the sales are enough to keep Lotus and Tesla busy enough to keep their current staff levels.
It indicates to me that the backlog is fully met except for European and Canadian Roadsters.

Picked up mine (Roadster Sport EU #61) today. Drove it from Frankfurt where I picked it up at the IAA back home. Ride took about 321 KM (approx. 200 Miles). When I arrived home it showed a charge for another 40 KM (approx. 25 Miles). Average speed was between 110-120 KM/h (68-75 MPH). It's all good.

In the next weeks I'll post some results from my experiences on the Autobahn. Thank god there is no speed limit in Germany. :biggrin:

That is very good news! Congratulations my friend and welcome to the Forum! :redface:

It will be a novelty in Idaho. I live in Oakland, Ca and have seen 3 different ones (I knew where they were from this site) around here in the wild before, but never seen another after driving mine away from Menlo Park.

Be prepared to tell your story and the cars story. It is fun! It can be time consuming.

Just last weekend, I had a short break between my sons doubleheader baseball game in Orinda. It was hot, so I went to the store to buy cold water/Gatorade for the team. Upon return... 2 guys were hovering the car. One was taking pictures and telling me his friend talks constantly about the roadster. So, I made him get in the car and then I took a picture of him driving it. Got more than the Tesla grin from him when he felt the accelaration.

Idahoeans will definately give you parking lot questions.

Have Fun!

Finally, after 18 month of waiting and delays, i have the Roadster in my garage !!
EU Signature Edition 23/250. What a blast ! It's much better than all the promotion cars we have seen.

To all EU owners .... it's really worth waiting for, that's all i can say as of now, because it's too much fun driving it.

I went for obsidian black, black leather with light grey, CF exterior.

I'll post more pic's later...

Best

LukasS

I am sooo jealous. I also have an Obsidian Black Roadster. But I don't have the carbon fibre extrerior. It looks absolutely fantastic.

Eu 66/250

My Roadster (EU 66/250), radiant red with black and red interior, was delivered yesterday. Very nice!
Unfortunately I have to wait for a couple of weeks to drive it. We have a very slow registration process in Sweden.
I got a Blaupunkt Radio/Nav unit (TravelPilot Rome Europe NAV 56E) included instead of the JVC. Don't know yet if that is god or bad....
Are all the EU Roadsters equipped with that unit?