Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production (Non-Sig) Model X Vin #'s now being issued

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Modern Tesla time: living quarter to quarter. As long as production deliveries are going by March 31 for the Q1 investor call all is well, even if it doesn't really match up with the spirit of "ramping up deliveries at the beginning of the year." I don't expect to touch the car until last 2 weeks of March, VIN 3xx. It would make the wait so much easier though if they would just come out and say to not even plan on anything earlier then that. Less of my workday would be spent on the forum scanning for production delivery news.

Interesting - I was told 2 weeks ago that I am "in the final stages of production" and then late last week that I was "on the assembly line". We may wind up on the same truck. Mine is coming to Paramus - how about you? My Vin# is 21X

OK, so the new My Tesla page shows my delivery window as 2/17 - 3/2. Dare I believe it ??? :confused:

FWIW, my production VIN is in upper 400s and MyTesla now says March - Early April. I agree there's not a whole lot of weight to put on these.

I know they're producing VINs out of order (as people have noted), but it's odd that the Fremont even had production VINs around 450 and mine hasn't entered production. I guess there really is no rhyme or reason! Oh well, I will wait.

FWIW, my production VIN is in upper 400s and MyTesla now says March - Early April. I agree there's not a whole lot of weight to put on these.

I know they're producing VINs out of order (as people have noted), but it's odd that the Fremont even had production VINs around 450 and mine hasn't entered production. I guess there really is no rhyme or reason! Oh well, I will wait.
Mine was already stamped out a few weeks ago!

I just checked my page for the first time in a few days or even a week and found my VIN, 6xx. Reserved 9/2/14, 12,837. Invited to configure 1/4/16, ordered 1/6, confirmed 1/13. P90D w/o Ludicrous but most other options. No DS assignment or contact from Tesla since my confirmation email.

I got an introduction email from someone on the Delivery Team at the Dedham MA store on 1/22 titled "Your Model X Delivery" stating it would be in March. Today I checked the updated MyTesla pages to find a) a different person named as my Delivery Contact, and b) Estimated Delivery of "March - Early April". Nice to see the updated profile pages with clearer info, but I hope the delivery date doesn't continue to slip out.

i got blasted yesterday because i said that q1 sales will be lousy...because i happen to be testing the market to see if people are willing to pay a premium for a new car. but the fact remains that there are early issues that is stopping tesla from releasing these cars. i know for a fact that my car has been done for a couple weeks already and is still being checked out at the factory. having said that, id rather they keep the car for an extra month and eliminate the problems rather than me bringing it in for service every other week.

I bet you will get it on the 26th.
Anyone else wanna place bets?

I'd gladly take that date, but not so sure about which side of that bet I would take. :biggrin:

- - - Updated - - -

its weird because mine says "feb to early march" and we are probably on the same train or truck.

Mine is a little more specific, as to date, but the time frames are the same. We might very well be on the same train/truck. If I remember correctly, yours is going to Springfield and mine is going to Paramus so they might wind up together.

I'd gladly take that date, but not so sure about which side of that bet I would take. :biggrin:

- - - Updated - - -

Mine is a little more specific, as to date, but the time frames are the same. We might very well be on the same train/truck. If I remember correctly, yours is going to Springfield and mine is going to Paramus so they might wind up together.

mine is going to Paramus as well. Let me know when you have a specific date for pickup.

i got blasted yesterday because i said that q1 sales will be lousy...because i happen to be testing the market to see if people are willing to pay a premium for a new car. but the fact remains that there are early issues that is stopping tesla from releasing these cars. i know for a fact that my car has been done for a couple weeks already and is still being checked out at the factory. having said that, id rather they keep the car for an extra month and eliminate the problems rather than me bringing it in for service every other week.

My date is Feb to early March too... Its very likely my car is done as well but I'm glad they are delaying it. Gives me a chance to test drive the car this weekend... If I don't like it I will pull out of the deal and lose my deposit. I have no problem with doing that. Watch us get our cars and they have like 5000 test drive miles on them... lol... My guess date used to be Valentines day but I've now moved it to March 5th.

Just got an update from my DS - active production, expect 2-4 weeks - Prod VIN 47x.

Super confused now. I have a VIN within 10 of omarsultan and am heading to production "in the coming weeks" per my DS. Clearly, even if they only run 230-250 Xs per week, mine would be on the line too. I think there's still the ongoing communication issue. For instance, what does "active production" mean? Is it on the line? Did they source all the parts?

Super confused now. I have a VIN within 10 of omarsultan and am heading to production "in the coming weeks" per my DS. Clearly, even if they only run 230-250 Xs per week, mine would be on the line too. I think there's still the ongoing communication issue. For instance, what does "active production" mean? Is it on the line? Did they source all the parts?

The two are not necessarily exclusive statements...? Anyway, hoping yours in on the line with mine....

I hope so too! It's hard to not contact my DS to see what's up, but that won't speed it up. I just have to wait and it will arrive when it arrives. TM would certainly like to get it delivered before the end of the quarter, I am sure.

Got an update today and am in production as well. VIN is in upper 400s near omarsultan. I didn't get any projected timing information, which is fine with me. I just want it built well (and soon)! I was told that it takes longer to build an X than an S and it seems to me like they don't know quite yet how long it will take to build each X (just what I gather, not what I was told) since they're still ramping up. Things are moving!