Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production Time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since you are in Canada I would expect that to be an optimistic timeline. Here in the Portland area cars are usually at least a few days late. Transit time on the west coast is pretty fast, but there may a little more transit time over the ontario with the border crossing and possible winter weather. I would never take a Tesla supplied date as gospel. When I worked in delivery we always knew we would have to push most customer's appointments back from our initial estimate. Q4 is going to be wild with the expiration of the biggest part of the federal tax credit in the US. Tesla may even go so far as to push Canadian orders down the list to make sure that US buyer can get delivery this year. My advice is be flexible and don't be surprised if you get delayed multiple times. Remember also that your local delivery person (like I used to be) is kept pretty in the dark about where your car is and when it will arrive. They will do their best but might not have enough info. Generally they never lie to customers but they also aren't empowered to be realistic.

Reactions: adys123
Ordered a model 3 on 11-23-2018 day after thanksgiving. Got our VIN today. Delivery day scheduled for 11-29-2018 Pick up in Palm Spring California. 6 Days Model 3 LR Dual, Midnight Silver, A?P with AeroWheels VIN #128751

Ordered a model 3 on 11-23-2018 day after thanksgiving. Got our VIN today. Delivery day scheduled for 11-29-2018 Pick up in Palm Spring California. 6 Days Model 3 LR Dual, Midnight Silver, A?P with AeroWheels VIN #128751

Hmm, thanks for this. It makes me think that they're giving me a worse case. I can't imagine that would be one of the configs they mass produced. Hope you enjoy your car!

Ordered MR RWD on 10/27. Haven’t heard a damn thing. BUT my edit button was removed last week after switching payment from Tesla finance to cash. Not sure that means anything as I haven’t heard anything direct from Tesla. My sales associate that helped me initially, I think he might have died. Absolutely nothing from him.

Ordered MR RWD on 10/27. Haven’t heard a damn thing. BUT my edit button was removed last week after switching payment from Tesla finance to cash. Not sure that means anything as I haven’t heard anything direct from Tesla. My sales associate that helped me initially, I think he might have died. Absolutely nothing from him.
Sounds about right. Orders get prioritized for a million different reasons, form production to logistics to profitability. moving to a cash purchase might actually help you move up the list.

• Informative
Reactions: adys123