Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Professional Installation Recommendation BlackVue 650 (Pasadena Area)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I want to join the BlackVue DR650GW-2CH club and get one installed in our Model S, and was hoping to get recommendations for professional installers of this system near the Pasadena area.

(Apologies if this has been asked before -- I browsed through some self-installation threads, but I'm the opposite of handy, so I think it would be best to let a pro handle this one.)

Also was wondering how long the installation would take, and what I should expect when it comes to the price for the installation.

Thanks so much!

Also was wondering how long the installation would take, and what I should expect when it comes to the price for the installation.

Thanks so much!

I did the install myself and I can say it should not take more than a couple of hours for a pro. Some here have done the self install much faster than an hour by doing the "jump" as opposed to hiding wires in the rubber conduit between the car roof and rear hatch. For me, that took a bulk of my install time. Good luck...there are a lot of specialty car shops in Southern California so you should not have a problem finding an installer. These folks are located in Southern California and are authorized distributors; my guess is they may have an installer recommendation for you.

I've installed 3 of them in my Tesla's but I wouldn't call my installations professional. No wires show and my last one took about an hour total. I live in South Pas also if you'd like to take a look at my install.

Ordered the BlackVue DR650GW-2CH from prodashcam.com, the installer was recommending that I also purchase the Power Magic Pro, but from what I understand that is not needed on the Model S -- we'd like to keep the unit "always on" so it's working and recording when the car is parked overnight, or out and about during day.

Quick question though -- if we park the vehicle in long term parking at the airport during a trip (10 days), is there any concern that the battery will take any kind of a significant hit with the dash cam on? (I know there will be some 'vampire drain' as well.)

Thanks for the recommendation! I went with prodashcam.com. He came out Saturday morning and did an awesome install! Brought all the components and said the install is cheaper if I go with power magic pro so
I had him install that and he put it in the glove box and there are no wires anywhere.

I think he is out of town or going out of town for awhile but if you are in SoCal OC/Inland area give him a call!

Had mine installed at Al and Ed's and they did a great job.
Thanks for the Shake Shack mention!! I did not know that was there. Guess what I am having for lunch tomorrow?!!

I also had my Blackvue dual dashcam installed at Al and Ed's in West Hollywood. Took about 1 1/2 hours and I just hung out at Starbucks nearby. I recommend them if you don't mind a little drive.

I too used Al & Eds (Marina del Rey). They promote a different brand cam but were happy to order and/or install the blackvue.
Very clean & crisp installation......a couple of hours and they ubered me wherever I wanted to go, until complete.

Can you share the name of the brand A&E was recommending and why?

Hi msnow, I inquired about a dash cam before mentioning I specifically wanted Blackvue for a Tesla, and his immediate suggestion was the [?Allacam?] primarily due to its price point. Several posters on the window so probably a manufacturers promotion underway. The Blackvue (I went with 650) was ~$75 more expensive, offered a more streamlined camera unit and larger storage. He said most Tesla owners were buying Blackvue but other drivers were open to Allacam and they were quite popular. Decent cam for the price was his overall comment on Allacam.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: msnow